Thread: Hello!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Hello!

Hello all,

I'm new to all this, so I just thought I'd say hello to everyone.

I've been spewing anti M$ sentiment for sometime, without straying too far away, due to being tied to Windows. Well, along came the Ubuntu Live CD and I was hooked. I've just installed 5.10 on my notebook and after a nice easy install we'll see how it goes.

Just thought I'd give you all a shout and introduce myself - I'm sure it won't be too long before I'm asking questions and bothering you!

Speak soon.

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Re: Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by the_lobotomy_kid
    Hello all,

I'm new to all this, so I just thought I'd say hello to everyone.

I've been spewing anti M$ sentiment for sometime, without straying too far away, due to being tied to Windows. Well, along came the Ubuntu Live CD and I was hooked. I've just installed 5.10 on my notebook and after a nice easy install we'll see how it goes.

Just thought I'd give you all a shout and introduce myself - I'm sure it won't be too long before I'm asking questions and bothering you!

Speak soon.
    Welcome to the forums and the wonderful world of Ubuntu
    Software Failure. Press left mouse button to continue.
    Guru Meditation #00000000.48454C50

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Asking questions doesent bother us Its part of what we are here for. To ask stuff we dont know, and to answer stuff we do. And to talk about random things.

Welcome =)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Well, thanks guys, I feel welcome already

I've just had my first big(ish) breakthrough - persuading GNOME to load after fiddling with the terminal... so yay! Pretty scary stuff to a newbie, but I'm not scared to dabble because of the support offered here.

I thank you again... and I'm always up for for random chat. What persuaded you guys to move to Linux, and which distros have you tried other than Ubuntu?

I can't believe how good this OS is!

M.