Thread: Need New Router! (Suggestions Please)

Beans

Need New Router! (Suggestions Please)

Recently my Linksys WRT55AG V2 pretty much kept disconnecting me every time I tried to download/upload anything on the internet. I messed with a bunch of options but couldn't get this to work properly. I then tried a straight hook up of the modem to the net and no disconnections while downloading and uploading. I've decided that it's time to get a new router. I will be hooking up this one linux machine with two windows machines.

Basically what I am looking for is a router that can handle alot of connections from the internet, route three wired computers, one wireless computer and doesn't crash every two minutes. The wireless protocol doesn't matter to me, I can support a,b,g and n. Thanks for all the help!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Need New Router! (Suggestions Please)

I would suggest any of the linksys wrt54G but the GS. There doesn't seem to be a limit for the wired connections. I've got a crossover cable running to an SMC Barricade as a wireless repeater and connected to the smc is an 8 port hub via another crossover cable. So basically I've got 12 usable ports.

Jim

Beans

i have benn using belkin for always, i hace tried many over the years and belkin has proven to be cutting edge and long range technology. give it a try

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Any WRT54G with DD-WRT or open-WRT on it.
    GNU/Linux>Windows

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Smile Re: Need New Router! (Suggestions Please)

I have a Linksys WRT54GR and it runs great. You can't go wrong with it.
    Mint 14 | 64bit | DT ACER VN281G | Intel® Atom™ CPU D425 @ 1.80GHz × 2 | Registered Linux User#458200

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Netgear DG834 or, for wireless, DG834g.

they are superb, and it sets up your connection automatically, all you enter is your username and password.

Beans

Tired of linksys and I've never had trouble with DLINK so I went with this router http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...Tpk=33-127-060 From the reviews seems to work great for file sharing.