Thread: default screen for frontend at bootup

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

default screen for frontend at bootup

I have two screens connected to my mythbuntu box, a 15" monitor (screen 0) and also my tv screen (screen 1), and im using an 8600 GT GPU.
    When i boot up the computer, the frontend automatically starts, but on the monitor, not the tv (which just displays the desktop). I want the reverse of this.
    I thought if switching the two in nvidia-settings, so that the tv is screen 0, but I'm wondering if there is an easier way to make the frontend start on the tv and the monitor just boot to the desktop?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: default screen for frontend at bootup

Quote Originally Posted by misterspider View Post
    I have two screens connected to my mythbuntu box, a 15" monitor (screen 0) and also my tv screen (screen 1), and im using an 8600 GT GPU.
    When i boot up the computer, the frontend automatically starts, but on the monitor, not the tv (which just displays the desktop). I want the reverse of this.
    I thought if switching the two in nvidia-settings, so that the tv is screen 0, but I'm wondering if there is an easier way to make the frontend start on the tv and the monitor just boot to the desktop?
    Probably the easiest way will be to adjust which one of the monitors is considered your "primary" monitor. Hopefully that's achievable via nvidia-settings.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: default screen for frontend at bootup

Thanks, will give it a go.