Thread: Add Capture Card screen doesnt load

Beans

Add Capture Card screen doesnt load

After running updates today my mythbuntu machine started acting up. The frontend would complain it couldnt connect to the master backend although no addresses had been changed. When i opened the backend setup it would tell me that the backend was running so some changes might not work.

Then i decided to stop mythbacked with /etc/init.d/mythbackend stop
    and ran it again from the terminal the output was about not being able to open the DVB devices.
    I went into backend setup and removed the capture cards and sources and mythbackend started correctly and the frontends could connect.

Now when i try and add the capture cards i am stuck with a blank (themed) screen. If i ALT + TAB the output is roughly (couldn't figure out how to copy it)

Code:
    Loading from : /usr/share/mythtv/themes/ProjectGrayhem-wide/base.xml
    Loading from : /usr/share/mythtv/themes/default/base.xml
    Couldn't get handle
    eno: No Such file or directory (2)

GetSTBListPrivate --begin
    GetSTBListPrivate --got lock
    GetSTBListPrivate -- end
    can anyone offer any suggestions?

Beans

Re: Add Capture Card screen doesnt load

Hi,

Can you try setting your theme back to default then try adding your capture cards.

It sounds as if the ProjectGrayhem-wide theme has afew bugs in it or your copie is corrupt.

You could also try deleting the theme cache.

Regards
    Ian Dobson
    Walking on water and writing software to specification is easy if they're frozen.

My corner of the internet http://www.planet-ian.com

Beans

Re: Add Capture Card screen doesnt load

Quote Originally Posted by ian dobson View Post
    Hi,

Can you try setting your theme back to default then try adding your capture cards.

It sounds as if the ProjectGrayhem-wide theme has afew bugs in it or your copie is corrupt.

You could also try deleting the theme cache.

Regards
    Ian Dobson
    Thanks for the help, i managed to get rid of the theme related errors by changing to another theme. But i was still getting an empty page and still had the
    Code:
    GetSTBListPrivate --begin
    GetSTBListPrivate --got lock
    GetSTBListPrivate -- end
    in the output when it stopped.
    Seeing as some of the previous errors mentioned my DVB tuners, i recompiled the v4l-dvb source, and it all started working again.

I've just scanned for channels and its all working, changed back to my original theme and its all back to normal.