Thread: Mythbuntu Fresh Install Problem

Beans

Question Mythbuntu Fresh Install Problem

Hi,

I am trying to install 8.04 on my P4/2.8Ghz/512MB ram/4Gb HDD machine.Half way through the install (at about 52% progress), system tells me that it cannot read from the disc and either the disc or the drive is faulty. Advised me to burn the ISO at a lower speed, which I did without any success.

Downloaded the whole ISO again and went through the same process.No luck. I used the check disk function from the main menu and realised that one sector on the disk was bad.

Second pass, used a fresh disc to burn the boot disc again. No luck.

Any ideas what could be wrong here.

Thanks

Remanasa

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Mythbuntu Fresh Install Problem

Quote Originally Posted by remanasa View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to install 8.04 on my P4/2.8Ghz/512MB ram/4Gb HDD machine.Half way through the install (at about 52% progress), system tells me that it cannot read from the disc and either the disc or the drive is faulty. Advised me to burn the ISO at a lower speed, which I did without any success.

Downloaded the whole ISO again and went through the same process.No luck. I used the check disk function from the main menu and realised that one sector on the disk was bad.

Second pass, used a fresh disc to burn the boot disc again. No luck.

Any ideas what could be wrong here.

Thanks

Remanasa
    Howdy Remanasa,

Nothing complex surrounding this stuff.

Check your .iso image with any md5sum utility to verify there were no errors on download. If that is good, then its your CD drive.

Marc