Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ath9k

Beans

Re: ath9k

This might be of interest: http://lkml.org/lkml/2008/9/26/321

Beans

Had some problems with compat-wireless-ath9k-20080907.sh and compat-wireless-ath9k-20080916.sh (could not connect to networks), so I went back to compat-wireless-ath9k-20080806.sh. This version still had a small bug in iwl-led.c, so I took the patch from http://fixunix.com/kernel/510842-git-networking.html (search for led_type_str) and put it in compat-wireless-ath9k-20080907.sh.

My modified script can be found at http://apollo.spacelabs.nl/~admar/tr...9k-20080806.sh

After building, disable network-manager (/etc/init.d/network-manager stop), unload ath9k and other modules (modprobe -r ath9k; modprobe -r cfg80211; modprobe -r mac80211), purge old version (dpkg --purge compat-wireless-ath9k), install new version, modprobe ath9k, and start network manager (/etc/init.d/network-manager start).

With that, I can connect to encrypted and unencrypted networks.

Beans

Hi All,

I just finished running compat-wireless-ath9k-20080916.sh. It successfully build the .deb package and I executed that. My wireless card seems to be working (it recognizes the closest wireless networks and reads their signal strength) but when I attempt to connect the first black dot goes to green and then it times out. There is no error message, it just stops and the network sign says it is not connected.

When I run iwconfig in the console I get this:

lo no wireless extensions.

etho0 no wireless extensions.

wmaster0 no wireless extensions.

Does this mean that my wireless card is still not being recognized? Thank you very much for any help.

Best,
    Peter

Beans

I had the same problems with that version. Therefore, I went back to compat-wireless-ath9k-20080806.sh.

On Debian testing, the script fails to build due to a small bug in iwl-led.c; bug is fixed in later versions. I backported the fix, and compat-wireless-ath9k-20080806.sh from http://apollo.spacelabs.nl/~admar/tr...9k-20080806.sh should build without any problems.

This version still works best for me.

HTH

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xerosis View Post
    I'm running Intrepid and it's working without any manual intervention for me. One problem though, it seems to stop working every so often, usually about 20 minutes or so. Reconnecting fixes it. Has anyone else seen this?
    I have the same problem, runs fine although with low signal strength and then just stops working, it all appears to still be working but there's no route to host. I have to reconnect it.

Using wicd on intrepid beta on a Q6600 G35 intel based system with a d-link dwa 556 pci-e card
    Last edited by monts; October 6th, 2008 at 04:22 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by monts View Post
    I have the same problem, runs fine although with low signal strength and then just stops working, it all appears to still be working but there's no route to host. I have to reconnect it.

Using wicd on intrepid beta on a Q6600 G35 intel based system with a d-link dwa 556 pci-e card
    The bug report is here: https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bugs/259157

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by xerosis View Post
    I'm hoping that the new -5 kernel fixes things. Will have look into it later. Too busy watching a Topgear episode at the moment.

Beans

I've just installed the Ubuntu 8.10 beta on my Asus m50 laptop (which uses the ath9k driver). The Live session seems to load everything correctly and I have wireless functionality. On the installed copy, it seems to detect correctly, but just isn't showing any networks.

Can anyone provide some insight to this? I'll be posting back with lspci/ifconfig outputs shortly.

Beans

Thumbs down Re: ath9k

Would it be possible for one of you to upload the .DEB file i don't have the net at home only at work .... and i can't bring in my laptop now can i ...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Mgiacchetti View Post
    ****FIXED****
    Thread should be updated in post #3 to show that if you have an ASUS laptop you may need (on a clean install) to do the following in terminal:

Code:
    sudo su
    enter password
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/platforms/asus-laptop/wlan
    The fix works for the ASUS F6A-A1 laptop model, which uses the AR5418 chipset. Most major networks can be detected; signal strength is not excellent but fairly adequate (Windows doesn't do much better). However, only the 20080907 version of ath9k is able to successfully connect to a network - with other versions, connection strength remains at 0%.

Not to be pendantic, but the command actually has a typo...it should be:
    Code:
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/platform/asus-laptop/wlan

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast