Thread: Compiling Clanlib 0.8.X in Ubuntu Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Compiling Clanlib 0.8.X in Ubuntu Hardy

Heres my story.

I want to use some game development stuff in Ubuntu, and the program I want requires ClanLib 0.8.x to be installed. Upon checking the repositories, those clanlibs were for version 0.6. now the only releases I could find on the Clanlib site were 0.8.1 and 0.8.0. Did them both. I got through the ./configure part quite fine. But when I issue the make command, I end up with the following output for both versions.

Code:
    display_mode.cpp:33:38: error: X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h: No such file or directory
    display_mode.cpp: In static member function 'static std::vector<CL_DisplayMode, std::allocator<CL_DisplayMode> >& CL_DisplayMode::get_display_modes()':
    display_mode.cpp:117: error: 'XF86VidModeQueryExtension' was not declared in this scope
    display_mode.cpp:121: error: 'XF86VidModeModeInfo' was not declared in this scope
    display_mode.cpp:121: error: 'vmodes' was not declared in this scope
    display_mode.cpp:124: error: 'XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines' was not declared in this scope
    make[2]: *** [display_mode.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sam/Downloads/ClanLib-0.8.0/Sources/Display'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sam/Downloads/ClanLib-0.8.0/Sources'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    I have tried other methods I found on the forum, but to no avail. If someone could please help me?

Beans
    Distro

Re: Compiling Clanlib 0.8.X in Ubuntu Hardy

Okay so I managed to figure out how to get past that part. Apparently there were some headers missing, so I needed to install the libxxf86vm-dev package. did that fixed that. Now theres another wall. heres the output from the make command.
    Code:
    Unix/soundoutput_alsa.h:37:29: error: alsa/asoundlib.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from soundoutput.cpp:43:
    Unix/soundoutput_alsa.h:49: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'snd_pcm_t' with no type
    Unix/soundoutput_alsa.h:49: error: expected ';' before '*' token
    Unix/soundoutput_alsa.h:50: error: 'snd_pcm_uframes_t' does not name a type
    Unix/soundoutput_alsa.h:51: error: 'snd_pcm_uframes_t' does not name a type
    soundoutput.cpp: In constructor 'CL_SoundOutput::CL_SoundOutput(const CL_SoundOutput_Description&)':
    soundoutput.cpp:73: error: 'class CL_SoundOutput_alsa' has no member named 'handle'
    make[2]: *** [soundoutput.lo] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sam/Downloads/ClanLib-0.8.1/Sources/Sound'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sam/Downloads/ClanLib-0.8.1/Sources'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    this looks like an error with alsa.
    Someone please help me with this!
    Last edited by Neon Lemmy Koopa; July 29th, 2008 at 09:11 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Compiling Clanlib 0.8.X in Ubuntu Hardy

lol I fixed that too. There were some alsa headers missing. Basically what I did is searched "alsa" in synaptic and checked off any package listed with "-dev" at the end and an ubuntu logo in front of it.

I did this myself, but I request that this be left here for others that may encounter this problem!