Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Nautilus Script to mount .iso files

Beans
    Distro
    Hardy Heron (Ubuntu Development)

Re: HOWTO: Nautilus Script to mount .iso files

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Catre-Vandis View Post
    I tried just about every other script on this forum to do this, and Rob, yours is the only one that actually worked first time. Many thanks.
    same for me. I love how i can just run the same script on the desktop icon and have it unmount.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Great script animacide, works a treat. Thanks
    You don't need a reason to help people

Ubuntu User #15665
    Linux user #450019

Beans

I've been running around the internet for a solution to this and I finally found one that worked (for me)

The thing is made for Debian, though and, as a no0b, about the only thing I know is that Ubuntu is based on Debian. <correct the n0ob if necessary>

http://www.debianadmin.com/mount-and...ning-them.html

I found a bit of a problem with this line, though:

“sudo mv ~/mount-iso ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts/”

Which should probably be:

“sudo mv ~/mount.sh ~/.gnome2/nautilus-scripts/”

hmmm...maybe I was meant to change the filename...anyway, it worked! woohoo! I hope this helps someone.

Beans

an awesome one man.!

Beans

Haha, awesome script, will save me remembering the full command to mount an ISO. Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Script to mount .iso files not showing up nautilus

Hi, this (original script) didn't work for me at first. Before I read the entire thread I hacked something together that worked better for me - using pushd and popd, plus mkdir -p and rmdir -p so the directories worked. Then I discovered that others had better solutions already. I haven't tested those yet, but I'll probably get the one that can read space characters etc...

Anyways the biggest problem i was having that the script wasn't showing in the nautilus scripts menu. This was weird because I had the -x permissions correctly set.

Anyways, my edited scripts showed up there but not the original. My only guess about the change was that the 2nd line with the # -then blank- was changed to #with my notes in it. Could it be the # -blank- line was screwing it up?

I'm running dapper BTW, perhaps that is a bug to dapper?
    I am what I am because of who We all are.
    {I am a Bittorrent addict}

Beans

Re: Script to mount .iso files not showing up nautilus

I liked engla's idea, just using it as a bash script.

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    #
    # nautilus-mount-iso

gksudo -k /bin/echo "got r00t?"

if sudo mount -o loop -t iso9660 "$*" /media/iso; then
        echo "mounted"
        nautilus /media/iso; else
        echo "mount error"
    fi
    Associate the bash script to the regular .iso and now just double-clicking will open it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

nice scripts for mount DVD data, i discover that totem actually support DVD Isos!, just left click open with totem, and play lol
    Ubuntu 7.10

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've added the scripts to the specified location and then ran
    Code:
    $ killall nautilus
    but the "scripts" menu still doesn't come up on a right-click. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: I didn't make them executable. Sorry.

Beans

Hi:

I would just like to say thanks to all the people who posted different versions of the scripts. In particular, thanks to:

1. animacide (original creator)
    2. Nightwish (added the ability to extract only the filename, which was something I wanted to do but my newbness prevented)
    3. chollis888 (added the ability to remove the ".iso" from the mount directory, which was something I wanted to do, but again my newbness prevented)

I have one small request that would make this solution even more perfect: is it possible to have a menu entry which automatically changes from "mount" to "unmount" depending on whether you have previously mounted the ISO?

Edit: I previously mentioned that I was adding the scripts as custom commands under the "Open With..." submenu because I wanted the scripts to appear for ISO files only. Today, I found out that Nautilus -Actions allows for the same behaviour. When you are adding a new action, you can specify the conditions under which your action will appear in the context menu (i.e. the menu that appears when you right-click something). You can do it based on filename (e.g., "*.iso" for our particular case) or on MIME type (e.g., "application/x-cd-image" for our particular case). Of course, my original request still stands.
    Last edited by LordKelvan; January 3rd, 2008 at 06:03 AM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast