Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Brainstorm new UI: opinions?

Beans

Re: Brainstorm new UI: opinions?

I have created my Brainstorm account three different times but I still can't log in. It keeps telling me that my email and user don't exist in the system. Can anyone help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

No problem with me
    I asked a friend of mine to try, maybe it's a problem only you have ?
    Anyways, I think you should post it as a bug report in Launchpad
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ideatorrent/

EDIT:the friend in question has just tried and had no problem to subscribe and log in ... Are you sure you haven't made some bad manipulation ?

EDIT2:By the way, I asked this friend about the design in the same time, and here is his opinion :

- the icons and the banners are too big, they take too much vertical space
    - another font would be better. Maybe something more rounded ? (that's something I think too)
    Last edited by neo tenshi; August 30th, 2008 at 05:52 PM.

Beans

Hey!

Thanks for the feedback.
    I agree with the current header taking too much space: I reduced the front size of the drop down lists of the banner, and I've merged the idea title area with the banner.
    Concerning the text in the other dropdown not being centered, I'll have a look at it.

Concerning logins, do not forget that each time I update the code (around every two days), they are reset! Only the brainstorm logins from before the 23june will stay.

Cheers,
    Nicolas

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Having the idea title area merged with the tab menu is better, but don't you think the font is a bit too big ? It takes some space, and when the title needs two lines (which happens with long titles or quite "small" resolutions like 1024*768, or both), this *really* takes space
    The other thing is that the titles in "my dashboard" aren't merged with the menu, although all the other titles are ... Shouldn't it be fixed ? (it should at least be brown, like all the other titles, shouldn't it ?)

That's it, the rest is looking great IMO

Beans

Smile Re: Brainstorm new UI: opinions?

Just two small sugestions:
    at the top of the page is this text"
    'The Ubuntu community has contributed xxxx ideas, xxxxx comments, xxxxxx votes'
    Why not include solutions as well?

Also, the Order By drop down box has square corners, which look out of place compared to the rest of the site, especially the box's border.
    A small, relatively insignificant detail but it really shows up.

I think the titles are OK, except individual ideas don't stand out as well as in the current brainstorm site. I think this is because in the current site the voting icons act like bulletpoints. Maybe everything in an idea could be indented, apart from the title, reducing the amount of space the text uses on the page, making the titles stand out more and making it easier to distinguish between one entry and another.
    I'm not to sure about this but it might help the site look a little cleaner...

Apart from that it's really good, and I think a big improvement over the old site, despite the negative reactions some people always seem to have over change of any sort.

It's great that you included my idea, and i think the way it has been adapted to fit the new site works really well.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by richardspirit View Post
    I have created my Brainstorm account three different times but I still can't log in. It keeps telling me that my email and user don't exist in the system. Can anyone help?
    I have a very similar problem.

I never created a brainstorm account, yet when I try to register, it always tells me that my username / email are already taken. So, When I try to recover my "lost" password, I never get an email from brainstorm!

What gives?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345