Thread: Frontend crashing while watching TV or playing back recordings

Beans

Arrow Frontend crashing while watching TV or playing back recordings

Hello,

I've had a mythbuntu box set up for several weeks now without a tv tuner, using it for DVDs, and media files on the hdd/removeable media mainly, during which time it was perfectly stable. About a week ago I bought a Leadtek DTV2000H version J for it and got the digital tuner and the remote working without too much trouble.

The problem I'm facing is that when I'm watching TV or playing back a recording (recorded on this system) sometimes the MythTV frontend will disappear, or the system will lock up. By disappear, I mean the front end just goes away instantly, back to the desktop, no error message, no nothing. And if I click the shortcut in the applications menu it starts straight back up with no complaints.

This happens at random times, sometimes after only a few minutes, sometimes it runs fine for a few days. Though usually (not always) it happens when you actually do something, ie. try to change channels or FF/RW.

As always, it has no problem with DVDs or other media files, menus, etc.

The system is:
    mythbuntu 8.04 with all updates
    P4 530 3.0GHz
    Intel 915P based MB
    Geforce 6600GT

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Beans

Re: Frontend crashing while watching TV or playing back recordings

Sigh... Bump

So no one has seen this before? No vague ideas of possible causes? No one can even point me in the direction of a log file that might be relevant?

Sorry, just a little antsy because this is the third thread I've posted on this forum with zero replies.

Beans

Re: Frontend crashing while watching TV or playing back recordings

Hi.

check frontend and backend logs under /vat/log/mythtv if there is errors when it crashed..