Thread: Lost add/remove, synaptic, not in sudoers list HELP!!!

Beans

Lost add/remove, synaptic, not in sudoers list HELP!!!

Well, I just realized I'd lost add/remove from the applications menu...I thought no biggie...go to the menu list and fix it...wrong. It automatically unchecks itself every time. So I figured I'd delete and recreate it...except being the genius I am, I don't know what to put as the actual command. Same thing happened with the Sources List and Synaptic Package Manager under system->admin. Decided I would try to fix it by seeing if
    Code:
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    and
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    would work at all to no avail. It comes back with "darrel is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported."

Please somebody help me fix this!!!

Beans

Re: Lost add/remove, synaptic, not in sudoers list HELP!!!

For you not included in the sudoer file, Try to login using the recovery mode and input the command below:

Code:
    sudo adduser darrel admin
    sudo shutdown -r now
    That will include you to the admin group.
    Steady movement is more important than speed, much of the time. So long as there is a regular progression of Stimuli to get your mental hooks into, there is room for lateral movement. Once this begins, its rate is a matter of discretion.

Beans

Re: Lost add/remove, synaptic, not in sudoers list HELP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iaculallad View Post
    For you not included in the sudoer file, Try to login using the recovery mode and input the command below:

Code:
    sudo adduser darrel admin
    sudo shutdown -r now
    That will include you to the admin group.
    Thanks a lot...that did the trick...and right after that I decided I wanted to try out KDE4 finally anyway..LOL. So it was all moot...but at least I learned to solve another problem.