Thread: sauerbraten uninstalled on update.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

sauerbraten uninstalled on update.

Hi.
    Did an autoupdate this morning and noticed sauerbraten had uninstalled.
    I tried reinstalling from synapaptic but get the message "depends on sauerbraten data but will not be installed.
    when i try via apt i get.

"The following packages have unmet dependencies.
    sauerbraten: Depends: sauerbraten-data (>= 0.0.20080620-1) but it is not going to be installed
    E: Broken packages"

sauerbraten-data is still installed on my system and has updated to the latest version.
    I am running heron with the latest nvidia drivers and was playing it fine last night.
    I have also tried fixing broken packages but get the message "no broken packages" ?
    I am downloading the game from the main site looking to compile it from scratch, But am unsure if it will stuff my system.

Any help will be much appreciated.
    Sparky64

Beans

Re: sauerbraten uninstalled on update.

Same here. It seems that whoever packaged the sauerbraten update didn't inspect their work. The problem is that the sauerbraten package depends on sauerbraten-data 0.0.20080620-1, but instead the repositories have sauerbraten-data 0.0.20080620-1~hardy1. Therefore, when apt looks at this, it counts it as a missing dependency because the version numbers don't line up.

The bug report is here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...en/+bug/252037