Thread: Lenovo Ideapad Y510 is Go (Continued / NEW)

Threaded View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Lenovo Ideapad Y510 is Go (Continued / NEW)

Hum...

Did you open a terminal aka comandline and check out the alamixer in there? That one is strate forword... No click this, then click that, bull. GUI's look cool but they make simle things complicated. (My thoughts on the subject. Use what you want)

The # of chanels ch2/ch4/ch6 is under the Options tab.

With all of that said.... And after you have checked out the alsamixer in the shell.... Your problem would be in the selections of the options in the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base file. Check spelling, syntax i.e. do you have a empty line at the end of the configuration file. Is there a "dot" where there should not be.. Is there not one where there should be?(well I guess there are no dot's so that was a bad example)

If all else fails you could also try adding options snd-hda-intel model=lenovo-ms7195-dig to the end of this file.

/etc/modprobe.conf
    Then reboot.

You mite want to take the "option" out of the /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base file before you reboot with the "option" at the end of the /etc/modprobe.conf file.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HunterThomson; September 9th, 2008 at 09:04 AM.
    Thinkpad W510, i7-720QM, Nvidia Quadro FX 880m (nouveau), Intel X25-M G2 80GB (OCZ are better), 1080p Wacom Multi-Touch Screen, Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250, Yubikey OTP