Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablet PC Issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Tablet PC Issues

Rats!!!! Ztidwell I did everything I could with your patch but it didn't help...
    Actually I can't tell every difference...
    Also to which bug report are you refering.... ? the link points to the whole list.

I don't see any on there that appy to my problem.

Here is a more in depth description..

Okay we will have h_pressure = human pressure (how hard I am pressing); max 255

and c_pressure = Computer pressure (how hard the computer sees I am pressing); also max 255

now as h_pressure goes up c_pressure matches up ( i.e 1 for 1, 47 for 47 etc..) until h_pressure reaches ~125 (it looks like at exactly halfway pressure but I am using xidump so it is hard to tell)
    then c_pressure jumps up to 255 so that h_pressure(125) = c_pressure(255)

Now as h_pressure continues to increase, c_pressure decrease inversely
    so that when h_pressure reaches its max of 255, c_pressure is back down to about 125...

to put this is graphical terms,
    When I use gimp and hit halfway pressure the opacity jumps to full opacity.
    When I press harder than halfway, the opacity goes down (it should go up)
    So bascially I have humpy line that look like earthworms....

That is the best way I can put it...
    Also the patch you gave me patches xf86wacomdefs right? But I am using xorg.. doesn't xf86 refer to the other xserver out there? (I have to admit I don't know too much about that....)
    I looked through all the source looking for things related to pressure, but I'm kinda lost. (I have a kindergarten degree in programming...)
    Needless to say if anyone could help it would be appreciated.....
    Ping who works on linux-wacom knows about this now (I told him on the mailing lists)

Also I forgot to address you xyexz...
    I know y'all got it working on the .7 series, but take a look at this (near the bottom)
    http://www.nabble.com/Wacom-tablet-U...d18059563.html

basically ping talks about how he is rewriting the protocol. Apparently the old way was more of a hack, and this is a lot cleaner....
    I'm not sure, but there is a reason they are rewriting this. It seems the two latest releases have been totally for USB tablet pc's....
    You can use the old way, but I thought I would figure it out on 0.8.1
    Mainly just a matter of preference... thanks for the post though
    Kory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

So this worked for me, but for some strange reason, my screen reverted back to a generic VGA driver and stuck my in 800x600. Tried rebooting and even reverting to my original xorg.conf... Finally I decided to use the Hardware Drivers Manager to remove and re-add fglrx... no reboot in between. After re-enabling, I rebooted with my original xorg.conf and noted that the login screen looked correct. Moved over to tty1 and replaced xorg.conf with my tablet-enabled version. Moved back over to tty7 hit Ctrl+Alt+Backspace and everything worked - including digitizer!

Strange... but I'l update the guide with a link here and a quick note on the subject.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Well I'm glad it worked....
    On the video, did you just copy my entire xorg.conf?
    I doesn't sound like you did, but I can see that messing up your vga since my tablet has nvida and yours has ATI (I think that's right)
    Anyway I'm glad it worked.
    Kory

Beans

I have a couple of questions about my tablet (im using the new driver set up). The first is how do I adjust the calibration, I would like the cursor to move like 1-2 mm to the right of where it is when i move my pen around. Also I was wondering if its possible to lower the touch (finger) sensitivity, I'd rather not poke a hole in my screen.
    Another question is how would I go about getting the screen to rotate and not screw up my stylus calibration, I saw some post that you run a script but it used xset and reconfigured the stylus from what i could tell..
    And great job on tweaking all the drivers and stuff and getting these guides up. Sure makes my part alot easier =]
    Thanx
    Last edited by Binary Maestro; August 1st, 2008 at 10:45 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have updated the tutorial and now pressure is working right...
    I will start writing on how to use the rotate button right now and hope to have it up soon...
    Kory

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gali98 View Post
    Okay Here we go....
    i would like to say only one thing:

you are simply a genius!!!!! i thought touchscreen and stylus would be utopia on the tx2000....and you made utopia a reality!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!=D> you totally rule!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Well thanks man......
    It wasn't hard... I just sound smarter than I really am
    Kory

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi there, I just installed Hardy 64bit on a tx2032, I got the touchscreen working when I use my fingers, I guess this is the touch config in xorg. The stylus and the erraser are not working right, when I put the stylus close to the screen the cursor apears off to one side or the other if I move the stylus form left to right the distance bentween the stylus and the cursor arrow changes. I been trying to fix this modifiying the topy, topx, bottomy, bottomx but I get results that vary so much so Im not very sure what I have to do. does the number in each coordinate puts the cursor arrow closer to de stylus or farther?

Thanks a lot for the guide

Best Regards,
    Felipe

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I got the wrong event in the xorg conf file for the stylus and erraser. Now its working.

One question, I opened gimp to try to draw with the stylus and it worked! but the erraser draws intead of errasing....how can I fix this?

Is there a onscreen keyborad for ubuntu? and a way to rotate the screen 90 degrees to the left?

Is there an application that would let me configure what do the buttons on the laptop do?

Best regards,
    Felipe

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Wow lots of questions
    okay onscreen keyboard

>sudo apt-get install cellwriter

this has a built in keyboard and a handwriting to text thingie.... I like it.

on the rotation I will add that to the tutorial soon... hopefully today but I said that two days ago...
    If you want an early start here is where I learned how... (This is also the place to learn the buttons):
    http://mirosol.kapsi.fi/tx2020/tx2000howto.htm
    it has a lot of useful stuff, but the suspend and hibernate never worked for me.

In gimp if you select the eraser with the eraser end and paint with the cursor end they should go back and forth. (sometimes you have to do it a couple times.)
    But this will only work if you have configured the devices in Gimp (which if you have pressure then they are configured right...)
    Kory

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast