Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051

Thread: Tablet PC Issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Tablet PC Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi Toy Machine,

In Jaunty you use the wacom.fdi instead of xorg.conf. Wacomcpl won't work if in a terminal:
    Code:
    xsetwacom list
    is blank. To see what HAL is calling your Wacom devices enter in a terminal:
    Code:
    xinput --list
    To get a .fdi that parses the names correctly into linuxwacom names and otherwise set up in Jaunty see "Jaunty Users" near the top here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...12#post6546012 And follow the link in 1) to gali98's Jaunty HOW TO in post #104. Then to finish setting up wacomcpl follow "Section 3: Calibrating your tablet pc" below "Jaunty Users".

Hope this helps.
    Thank you so much! Everything works now and I can use wacomcpl. This has been driving me nuts. Thanks again!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Toy Machine,

Great! All set up now. You're welcome.

Beans

I dont know if this is the place to post this or not but I am at a loss I have gotten everything working on tons of previous computers/laptops i am in no way an expert, but i can usually figure it out, but this one is giving me trouble. It is a HP Pavilion tx1000 most everything is working ok but the screen rotation i cant get to work at all to make it worse every other computer/laptop i have running the same ubuntu version i can just click on the "configure display setting" link and it tells me the display and gives me the option to configure display settings and on that popup menu i can click on the rotation an turn it any way i want (completely useless on all the computers it works on) but on this one that pop up gives me an unknown display and says rotation is not supported?
    All the hardware buttons I can not get working i could care less about but that renders the "tablet" portion kinda useless.

Thanks for any help any one can give
    Sorry if this is not the proper place for this question.
    CNPthe3rd

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

cnpthe3rd,

What is the video card manufacture? is it ATI or Nvidia? Also, do you have the proprietary video driver installed from System>Administration>Hardware Drivers?

I hope we can can help you fix this problem!
    Chad Merkert

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chadmerkert View Post
    cnpthe3rd,

What is the video card manufacture? is it ATI or Nvidia? Also, do you have the proprietary video driver installed from System>Administration>Hardware Drivers?

I hope we can can help you fix this problem!
    it is Nvidia the proprietary drivers are installed (it had 3 revisions available i tried all 3 but am using the "recommended" one now) I have even tried all the instructions to setup screen rotation i have found on forums and none of those work either I would be happy without the "auto rotate" or the hardware button if I could get the "configure display settings" application to recognise the screen and support screen rotation as it does on all the other computers/laptops where i dont need to rotate the screen

Thanks For trying, and THANK YOU for any help you can provide
    CNP

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

What instructions have you tried so far?

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 41495051