Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: Tablet PC Issues

Beans

Re: Tablet PC Issues

Hi guys!

Please support my bug report, so we will maybe finally have support for our laptops out of the box.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ls/+bug/377435

Beans

Hi,
    I have HP pavilion tx1000 and a problem with the pointer .. Suddenly it tickles in the left superior corner of the screen and then all my windows close (theres NO black screen).. I have to wait for a long time so I can control the pointer. Can somebody help me?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi baltic,

Which version of Ubuntu are you using? Jaunty? If so please see Jaunty Users near the top here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1038949

Hi Mrs.Bauer,

You didn't mention which version of Ubuntu you are using either. I don't know what's happening to the screen but the mouse moving to a corner usually indicates Xinput isn't receiving any input. I know in alpha evtouch had to be patched to work with the Xserver 1.6 in Jaunty.

Beans

Hi Favux.

Yes, i do use Jaunty. And i've seen that tutorial, but i don't really want to follow it, since, as far, as i understand, i'll have to repeat that every time the kernel updates. Which is seems to be a pain in *** for me I'd rather stay with Vista. I've already wasted 1 and a half day with ubuntu and was only able to get sound working.

Beans
    Distro

Hi baltic,

That is correct. 5 or 10 minutes every month or three. The kernel updates don't come through that often. Up to you.

Beans

I'm often using my tablet together with another screen i twinwiev, is ther any way to get the rotate to work with just the tablet and not the extern screen?

And is there any way to make the calibration always stays on just the screen on the tablet?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Talking Re: Tablet PC Issues

Helloouu people this is my first post!

But I read yours post a long time ago!

GRACIAS GENTE!! Son unos genios y les agradezco su pasion!!!
    Last edited by diegobalangione; May 25th, 2009 at 05:59 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi everyone,

We figured out how to get auto-magic rotation (swivel hinge) in Intrepid and Jaunty for HP's TX2000, TX2500, and TX2z. See HOW TO post #225 here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=996830&page=23 And a little more info. on the Rotation HOW TO first post.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I have every thing working but I need to calibrate it. Wacomcpl just shows a blank window and aways has. I have got this to work before but messed everything up and had to reinstall linux. I just merely copied someone with a hp tx2500's calibrations and pasted it in to xorg.conf or something. I have read about there being other ways to calibrate but every (atleast in the first 30 post) post here just says to use wacomcpl which has never worked for me.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Toy Machine,

In Jaunty you use the wacom.fdi instead of xorg.conf. Wacomcpl won't work if in a terminal:
    Code:
    xsetwacom list
    is blank. To see what HAL is calling your Wacom devices enter in a terminal:
    Code:
    xinput --list
    To get a .fdi that parses the names correctly into linuxwacom names and otherwise set up in Jaunty see "Jaunty Users" near the top here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...12#post6546012 And follow the link in 1) to gali98's Jaunty HOW TO in post #104. Then to finish setting up wacomcpl follow "Section 3: Calibrating your tablet pc" below "Jaunty Users".

Hope this helps.

Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast