Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Tablet PC Issues

Beans

Re: Tablet PC Issues

Hi Kory,

When is the next version of wacom driver expected?
    I am not happy with the calibration when the screen is rotated.

***EDIT****
    Solved in http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...+rotate+screen

Sorry again if this is the wrong place to post this
    Last edited by harak; September 8th, 2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: found a solution

Beans

i just finished reading this entire thread (a loooong one indeed and still couldn't get the touch screen to work on my tx2520ej.
    my guess is that's because my kernel is 2.6.27-2-generic (intrepid).
    after compiling the .ko file, it is being created on the 26 folder instead of the 24 and so i try to copy it all the same as instructed.

are there any changes i need to make in order to work with the wacom driver under Kubuntu intrepid?

thanks for all of your help! (especially Kory, who's doing a tremendous job trying to help eveybody!)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

so, i am installing ubuntu right now and im going to copy the important info from the x11 made in opensuse over into my x11 in ubunutu.

stand by for results.
    HP 5101 netbook

Beans
    Distro

well - that didnt work.

I love you ubuntu - but i give up. Opensuse just enables my tablet no sweat. I'll try again with intrepid comes out.
    HP 5101 netbook

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

What's the matter Zoomy?
    I can fix your xorg if needed....

Kory

Edit: chikko:
    I'm not sure how to handle the 2.6.27 kernel yet. I will put in a question at the mailing lists about it.
    Have you tried moving the module wacom.ko in the 2.6.26 folder to
    /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/dri vers/input/tablet/wacom.ko

?

Try that...

Kory
    Last edited by gali98; September 8th, 2008 at 06:06 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by gali98 View Post
    What's the matter Zoomy?
    I can fix your xorg if needed....

Kory
    man - i have tried EVERYTHING to get it to work. every time i edit the xorg file, my tablet boots up in a low res mode and i know why. it's the serverlayout section.

But the damnedest thing is that opensuse just loads it right up. i posted the xorg from opensuse above and i dont get it.
    HP 5101 netbook

Beans

If you could, describe the error you were talking about as it may be the same error that zoomy942 had.
    In fact I may put it in my tutorial...

Also check sometime back this week as 0.8.1-4 is supposed to have calibraton in a gui (click this box then click that box and you're done ).
    Hi. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, got back to work and had a lot of things to do.

In fact, the mistake I did isn't really an error, it's more that I mistranslated the tutorial, and so I left the "acpi=off" at each boot (so it blocked some stuff). So I don't know if it's really relevant. I just hav two minor bugs, but I don't think they come from this tutorial, so I'll wait until the next release to see if it gets fixed or if I must do something about it (the battery configuration doesn't appear in the power manager, event if it detects the battery)

On other stuffs, I updated to the last driver's version, works perfectly well. i already had installed Cellwriter and Grab&Drag, and I enjoy them much, even if I haven't used them a lot for the moment.

Anyway, thanks for all the job you did (and are actually doing). Really helps for anyone who wants to try Tablet PC on Ubuntu, without knowing a lot about all the configuration and programming. I'm going to try to get more involved (at my tiny level) in the community, to pass the same experience I had, getting in the Linux world.

Beans
    Distro

so, i installing opensuse one more time.

i cant get mp3's to play. i am going to try one more thing and then i will stick with ubuntu, especially since i just need the stylus to work
    HP 5101 netbook

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Did you install restricted extras?

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras

On the low graphics mode first what do you mean by that. Does X start up then it messes up and asks you if you want to go to low graphics mode?

I am not seeing the xorg you talked about

You may need to install the restricted driver for your tablet

System -> Administration -> hardware drivers

ummm.....

Harak: just now saw those two posts... I must have missed them.

So you have everything working how you want it?
    I noticed in gournal and xournal that using the tablet left wierd artifacts....

Ununtu:

thanks for the reply. And I am glad to help. It's fun

Kory

p.s chikko, I put in the message at the list and I hope I will get a reply soon.
    I think all the commands in the tutorial are gonme/kde independent so Just try to follow it normally.... Cheers

Beans
    Distro

Did you install restricted extras?

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras

On the low graphics mode first what do you mean by that. Does X start up then it messes up and asks you if you want to go to low graphics mode?

I am not seeing the xorg you talked about

You may need to install the restricted driver for your tablet

System -> Administration -> hardware drivers

ummm.....
    i am installing ubuntu. i could get mp3's to play, but there were like 4 different media players on there. getting too bloated. ubuntu lets me have one thing for all of it.

as for the drivers i havent tried that but i will. i know we are close because opensuse used it just fine.

my opensuse xorg is posted 1 page or 2 pages back.
    HP 5101 netbook

Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast