Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: HowTo: Broadcom BCM43xx in 5 minutes with ndiswrapper/WPA for fresh installs

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: HowTo: Broadcom BCM43xx in 5 minutes with ndiswrapper/WPA for fresh installs

I think that I have a repeatable setup... I'll need to test it a bit further, but this does work (at least a couple of times).
    Precondition: b44 and ssb have the wireless card
    Code:
    sudo rmmod b44
    sudo rmmod ssb
    sudo rmmod ndiswrapper
    sudo modprobe b43legacy
    At this point, the card's light comes on. iwconfig shows wmaster and wlan0.
    Code:
    sudo rmmod b43legacy
    sudo rmmod b44
    sudo rmmod ssb
    sudo modprobe ndiswrapper
    And I enter my wireless config info and I'm up. Of course, it's on a windows driver that crashes the system, but at least I can try different ones until I find one that's stable.
    Thanks for the help... I'm going to keep plodding along this line! I'll let you know if I find a method more efficient than this.

Beans

Smile Re: HowTo: Broadcom BCM43xx in 5 minutes with ndiswrapper/WPA for fresh installs

I am new to Ubuntu, using 10.04 and had tried 3 other options. Following are specifics

Success immediately !! Thanks much ....specifics beow

Macchine Brand and Model :
    HP Pavilliono DV5140US

Wireless Brand and Model:
    Broadcom Corp BCM4311 (Airforce 54g) 802.11a/b/g PCI Expositions Rev 2 card.

Wireless Chipset: could not get

Ubuntu Version: 10.04 LTS

Kernel Arch; 2.6.3222 generic i686

extra boot opt: no

Compile NDIS Wrapper NO

Step 2 used 2B

Hardy NO
    Last edited by w5gcx; June 13th, 2010 at 11:36 PM. Reason: typing error

Beans

Re: HowTo: Broadcom BCM43xx in 5 minutes with ndiswrapper/WPA for fresh installs

Hi guys, anyone is still following this threat in order to help. I'd really apprecciate. Here I post my configuration:

- Acer TravelMate 2600;
    - Broadcom Corporation BCM4306 802.11b/g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 03);
    - 14e4:4320 (rev 03);
    - Ubuntu 11.10; [ distro WaTTOS r5 ]
    - 3.0.0-16-generic i686;
    - Any extra boot options you might be using (e.g., noacpi, irqpoll, etc.) .. I do not know if I am using these things, I'm a newbie at all;
    - I compiled NDISWrapper following the instrunctions of your guide;
    - step2: 2g;
    - I do not know if I am on Hardy.. I think not since I'm on 11.10 wattos, anyway..

My problem is: following the ndiswrapper configuration guide I succeded in make my pc see the available wireless connections, but, even giving the right key I could not connect. Furthermore, I could not save the ndiswrapper configuration. I tried giving the commands you listened to do it, but it did not: rebooting my pc means losing that configuration.

Any help'd be absolutely appreciate.
    Last edited by c.lisco; August 25th, 2012 at 11:47 AM.

Beans

anybody??

Beans

I have a companq r4000 and installed Ubuntu 12.10beta and no idea how to get the wireless to work. Older versions of ubuntu use to have the restricted driver support.

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930