Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu MID is Cool but did not find ISO to BURN -> INSTALL and USE IT on OLDLAPTOP

Beans
    Hidden!

Ubuntu MID is Cool but did not find ISO to BURN -> INSTALL and USE IT on OLDLAPTOP

Hey Guys,

Ubuntu MID screen shots are fantastic, but i like to install it my OLD laptop. Where can I download ISO for UBUNTU MID mobile version BURN it and install it.

Thanks in advance,
    S

Beans

Re: Ubuntu MID is Cool but did not find ISO to BURN -> INSTALL and USE IT on OLDLA

If I remember right, their only giving to OEMs. Besides, it's only in a developmental stage. Did you try xubuntu?
    TWIBS: This Week in BS:
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/TWIBS

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Ubuntu MID is Cool but did not find ISO to BURN -> INSTALL and USE IT on OLDLA

Quote Originally Posted by TBOL3 View Post
    If I remember right, their only giving to OEMs. Besides, it's only in a developmental stage. Did you try xubuntu?
    Hi There,

yes, I tried xubuntu..but My laptop is very old and its bit slow on that too. I guess ubuntu MID makes perfect for web 2.0 applications and ajax browsing..

somehow, i tried to convfer IMG -> ISO but it did not work at all.

I have also tried using fluxbuntu ...but still bit prob. on web 2.0 websites and ajax application...but system is fast fluxbuntu though.

S

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

You want only a *buntu distro?For an old laptop you can try DSL or Puppy Linux.Those distro are created for computer with low specs, so they might work better then an Ubuntu distro.
    Cheers!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Troll_the_Great View Post
    You want only a *buntu distro?For an old laptop you can try DSL or Puppy Linux.Those distro are created for computer with low specs, so they might work better then an Ubuntu distro.
    Cheers!
    I think *buntu and especially MID looks cool so, I like to go towards that. I might give a try DSL but I am more towards *buntu MID as I have UBUNTU 8.04 on my desktop.

S

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

I think *buntu MID(Mobile Internet Device).and so i think its only for mobiles.
    what is beautiful is not always good, but what is good is always beautiful!
    When I'm right no one remembers..When I'm wrong no one forgets..

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by sharks View Post
    I think *buntu MID(Mobile Internet Device).and so i think its only for mobiles.
    my friend,

its for MID.. my laptop is mobile as well..when i try to take it with me..
    Linux Everything is possible..so, you know what I m gona say...

Beans

Of course everything is 'possible' but it may not be legal, and may take a lot of work.

Anyway, how old is this laptop?
    TWIBS: This Week in BS:
    http://feeds.feedburner.com/TWIBS

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Here is the page found through a search https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MobileAndEmbedded

This is the releases page http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/mobile/releases/hardy/

Be intersting to see if you can make it work. Good luck

Beans
    Hidden!

oh yes...ofcourse not legal.....you are right on that..
    its Dell Latittude CPt with 128 MB RAM with Celeron processor..more like 10 years..or more. It has 11 inch screen with CD ROM only.

S

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast