Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: Conky SSL Email Python Script

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky SSL Email Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by yaddoshi View Post
    I'm surprised this question hasn't been properly answered yet. Just in case someone else runs into this problem, I'm running Debian Squeeze and I resolved it by 1) using the same password for python-keyring as my user account password and then 2) installing the python-keyring-gnome backend so that Gnome passes the user password along to python-keyring during account sign-in. This way when conkyEmail script calls the conkyKeyring script due to no password set in the command string:
    Code:
    {execi conkyEmail -u email@server.ext -s server.ext}
    then conkyKeyring accesses python-keyring and python-keyring does not prompt for the keyring password. Provided you have stored the account username and password properly with conkyKeyring everything should then work.

I resolved this by running each command with terminal and the -v (verbose) flag set so I could see the error messages when it failed.

I hope that makes sense and helps someone else in the same boat.
    I don't use GNOME nor gnome-keyring so I couldn't get an answer. But this will get and entry in Tips and Tricks at Conky PitStop.

Thank you for sharing your findings.
    What desktop/window manager are using? I run SID with dual sessions: OpenBox and Xfce.

Beans

Hi everyone, and thanks for all the helpful tips. I cannot seem to get the notifications on my conky for my gmail...

I am still getting the error:

ERROR: getEmailData:Unexpected error when converting receive date to datetime:invalid literal for int() with base 10: 'GMT'

I have followed all the advice on this thread as far as increasing connection timeout, updating the conkyemail script to 2.15. It is baffling me. It is not a difficult server to forward. It's just gmail. Any help would be appreciated.

Code:
    ${goto 46}${color0}${font Ubuntu:style=Bold:size=10}${execpi 1200 /usr/share/conkycolors/bin/conkyEmail -m IMAP -s imap.googlemail.com  -ssl 993 -u scottjw89@gmail.com -p dsmnTMP09 -ssl -i 20 -c 20}${color}${font}
    ${goto 65}${voffset -8}${color0}${font Ubuntu:style=Bold:size=8}GMAIL${color}${font}
    ${goto 65}${voffset -4}${font Ubuntu:size=6}YOU HAVE ${execpi 1200 /usr/share/conkycolors/bin/conkyEmail -m imap -s imap.googlemail.com  -ssl 993 -u xxxx@gmail.com -p xxxx -i 20 -c 20} NEW MAIL(S)${font}
    P.S. Running Linux Mint 13 - Mate desktop
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Looks like you have some unexpected email header info, maybe GMT instead of +0 in the date time received?

This is the code that transforms the text to a datetime, I added the bit in red to hopefully cope with GMT:

Code:
                            #extract timezone (strptime not supported) and convert it to a timedelta and add to datetime                        
                            timezonetext = matches.group(3).strip(" ").replace("GMT", "+0000")
                            timezonediff = timedelta(hours=int(timezonetext[0:3])) + timedelta(minutes=int(timezonetext[3:5]))
    The script still works with this change but I couldn't reproduce your error and have a GMT date coming in, I think it is specific to one of your emails and not gmail...

Can you replace /usr/share/conkyemail/conkyEmail.py file with the one attached and let me know what happens?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    Looks like you have some unexpected email header info, maybe GMT instead of +0 in the date time received?

This is the code that transforms the text to a datetime, I added the bit in red to hopefully cope with GMT:

Code:
                            #extract timezone (strptime not supported) and convert it to a timedelta and add to datetime                        
                            timezonetext = matches.group(3).strip(" ").replace("GMT", "+0000")
                            timezonediff = timedelta(hours=int(timezonetext[0:3])) + timedelta(minutes=int(timezonetext[3:5]))
    The script still works with this change but I couldn't reproduce your error and have a GMT date coming in, I think it is specific to one of your emails and not gmail...

Can you replace /usr/share/conkyemail/conkyEmail.py file with the one attached and let me know what happens?
    Forgive my ignorance, but I have no idea where to place that code without a lot of the text showing up on the conky itself. Checking out the tar right now.

Beans

Code:
    ERROR: getOutputData:Unexpected error:Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/conkycolors/scripts/conkyEmail.py", line 128, in getOutputData
        if count == -1:
    UnboundLocalError: local variable 'count' referenced before assignment
    With new conky script... and the gmail is not showing any numbers... WAS showing a "?" but now that is gone as well.

Beans

I cant get it to work with hotmail/live account. Works only with Gmail.
    With hotmail setting I get only ? display

Im using xfce4 xUbuntu 13.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm not sure if this thread is still open or not, but all of a sudden yesterday about 4:00pm my conkyemail script started crashing when connecting to my work exchange server through DavMail (local host connection). The DavMail is working since I can still connect to Exchange via Thunderbird, but the Conky email script is really flaky now.
    It will only show one message in the inbox and not list anything except the first message.
    I can get the messages to show up if I enter the settings for a POP server, but then I have to move the messages since the POP part of the script doesn't support the number of read/unread messages.
    Has anyone else seen had this happen?
    Thank you,
    GG -----------

Beans

For microsoft's live.com service i get the total messages instead of new ones.
    Is there a way i can fix this?

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344