It's working well for conkyForecast...
    I would but I'm using arch.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky SSL Email Python Script

Quote Originally Posted by PurposeOfReason View Post
    Sorry, didn't occur to me

If I forget to update attachments at any point, you can download the latest tarball from my launchpad account page here: https://launchpad.net/~m-buck/+archive

Beans

Thanks kaivalagi. This time it works like a charm May I know whether your scripts can display 4 latest message or not.
    I would like to do something like this:
    Gmail: x new.
    1. From:Subject

Yahoo: x new.

Hope I'm not asking too much Thanks again

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by wariskampar View Post
    Thanks kaivalagi. This time it works like a charm May I know whether your scripts can display 4 latest message or not.
    I would like to do something like this:
    Gmail: x new.

Yahoo: x new.

Hope I'm not asking too much Thanks again
    Not currently supported, although the python libraries I used can get hold of that detail. I'll have a look at some point to see how tricky it might be.

I'm assuming you'd want the top 4 (could be any number) ordered by newest first?

The tricky thing is making it happen without going back and forth to the mail server on each script call...Interesting challenge I think
    Last edited by kaivalagi; August 25th, 2008 at 08:07 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by PurposeOfReason View Post

OFF TOPIC...

Just curious here Purpose of Reason but were you using arch when you were helping me with conky back in Dec of last year?

And just so people know, PoR is one of my mentors.
    Back on Topic...

Nice idea - From:Subject.

Won't play will with someone who is controlling spacing though.
    Code:
    Ubuntu Forums: Reply to thread '[all variants] Conky SSL Email Python Script'
    Heather: Old Age
    Tom Smith: Hello
    For me, the number of new mails is just fine.

I'd say K.I.S.S. it. But those who have seen my conky know the K.I.S.S. principle was not applied.

Have a nice day.
    Bruce

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    Nice idea - From:Subject.

Won't play will with someone who is controlling spacing though.
    Code:
    Ubuntu Forums: Reply to thread '[all variants] Conky SSL Email Python Script'
    Heather: Old Age
    Tom Smith: Hello
    For me, the number of new mails is just fine.

I'd say K.I.S.S. it. But those who have seen my conky know the K.I.S.S. principle was not applied.

Have a nice day.
    Bruce
    I have the "from" and "subject" output working now for IMAP, but like you've said it will be a problem to keep data aligned nicely (we need html tables in conky!)

The only way I can see this sort of working is if the template option is scrubbed and separate exec calls are needed for each mailbox.

The reason being 2 fold:
    1. Currently having the possibility of mailbox counts along the same output line (based on a template) means that any multiple line output for extra info will mess the layout up well and truly
    2. An alternative template for "from" and "subject" layout would be troublesome for multiple messages and for the spacing of "from" and "subject" data, if on the same line, due to lengths differing.

The question is, how many people need to retrieve data for more than one mailbox, if only a few exist (like me) can they make do with multiple calls (I can)

I am planning on providing 2 new options, an --accountname=Yahoo option, and a --mailinfo=3 option for the amount of detailed output. If mailinfo if not set or set to zero, current functionality will remain and only count info is returned. Only when you provide a positive mailinfo number will the script then start piecing together info for output, probably in multi-line format like this:

<accountname> <count>

So...what's the consensus? I can do this and the only side effect for keeping current functionality will be the requirement for multiple exec calls for multiple mailboxes...

Edit: current output is this:

GMail: 3 New
    From: Sainimere Tala <xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com> Subject: RE: Amori's pics
    From: "Mark Buck" <xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@yahoo.com.au> Subject: test

or with --mailinfo not set:

Last edited by kaivalagi; August 26th, 2008 at 12:26 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

TESTING

I've got the --mailinfo option working for both pop and imap, and have left the template functions in place.

Any --mailinfo option in a template is ignored, so the mailinfo option can only be used in command arguments in exec calls.

I've attached the script here...remember to run the script with --help option to get details...

Let me know what you think, if all is okay then I'll publish it through my personal project archive for apt updates...

The changes shouldn't affect your current use of the script Please check....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Wow! You're as quick as Superman!I have tested your scripts but maybe because I do not know how to use --help, the result is a bit awkward. Anyway, it turn out more a less as expected. Congratulation! and Thanks

As you can see from my screenshot, the red circle is the result if I use ivleph script and the blue one is from yours. I am just curious why imap.googlemail.com is displayed. Besides, do I have option to display:

"Mark Buck":test

instead of

In other word can I get the similar result as if I use ivleph. Sorry for being too demanding but I just want to use only one script to handle my email instead of two as for now. Btw, your scripts is well maintained!

Code:
    ${color 00bfff}Email${color blue}${hr 0}$color
    ${color aeaeae}Gmail: ${color red}${texeci 60 perl ~/.scripts/conkyGmail.pl n} new.$alignr${color aeaeae}Yahoo: ${color red}${execi 60 python ~/.scripts/conkyEmail.py --servertype=POP --servername=pop.mail.yahoo.com --username=xxx --password=xxx --ssl} new.
    ${color #696969}${texeci 60 perl ~/.scripts/conkyGmail.pl s}

${color aeaeae}GMail:  ${color1}${execi 60 python ~/.scripts/conkyEmail.py --servertype=IMAP --servername=imap.googlemail.com --username=xxx --password=xxx --ssl --mailinfo=3 }
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by wariskampar View Post
    Wow! You're as quick as Superman!I have tested your scripts but maybe because I do not know how to use --help, the result is a bit awkward. Anyway, it turn out more a less as expected. Congratulation! and Thanks

As you can see from my screenshot, the red circle is the result if I use ivleph script and the blue one is from yours. I am just curious why imap.googlemail.com is displayed. Besides, do I have option to display:

"Mark Buck":test

instead of

In other word can I get the similar result as if I use ivleph. Sorry for being too demanding but I just want to use only one script to handle my email instead of two as for now. Btw, your scripts is well maintained!

Code:
    ${color 00bfff}Email${color blue}${hr 0}$color
    ${color aeaeae}Gmail: ${color red}${texeci 60 perl ~/.scripts/conkyGmail.pl n} new.$alignr${color aeaeae}Yahoo: ${color red}${execi 60 python ~/.scripts/conkyEmail.py --servertype=POP --servername=pop.mail.yahoo.com --username=xxx --password=xxx --ssl} new.
    ${color #696969}${texeci 60 perl ~/.scripts/conkyGmail.pl s}

${color aeaeae}GMail:  ${color1}${execi 60 python ~/.scripts/conkyEmail.py --servertype=IMAP --servername=imap.googlemail.com --username=xxx --password=xxx --ssl --mailinfo=3 }
    Try attached

Do we really need the number output for each email? I would sooner lose it to save space in conky...it's just a something you're used to right?

you can set --mailinfo to be how ever many extra lines of info you want, if set to 5 but you have 3 new mails it will only use the space required for the 3 etc...

If this is how you want it then you can use this script for all your mailboxes....it works for ssl/non-ssl pop and imap

Everyone else, can you let me know you're okay with this change, i.e. it doesn't change what the script does for you...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Thanks Kaivalagi Exactly as I want (hope not sound too selfish). Now I will delete the other script confidently. Thanks again.

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast