Thread: MythTV insist on using a CRAZY way of entering numbers

Beans

MythTV insist on using a CRAZY way of entering numbers

I really don't know how I can descripe it, but when I want to enter numbers in MythTV (e.g. to change a videoname after I have look it up in imdb.com) than I have to enter this numbers a lot to get the desired option.

E.g. if I press 1 once I get a A, if I press it twice I get a B, if I press it three time I get a C, if I press it four time I get a ! if I press it five time I get a 1 (I think this is wrong, but you should get the impression what I want to tell you).

So if I want to change the movie Thunderball to 007 Thunderball I have to enter:
    99999999999999997777 to get the 007.

Is there a way to change the behavior, that I can enter the number with one keypress? I think I have somewhere enable the typing adds, but I don't know where the option is.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: MythTV insist on using a CRAZY way of entering numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage View Post
    I really don't know how I can descripe it, but when I want to enter numbers in MythTV (e.g. to change a videoname after I have look it up in imdb.com) than I have to enter this numbers a lot to get the desired option.

E.g. if I press 1 once I get a A, if I press it twice I get a B, if I press it three time I get a C, if I press it four time I get a ! if I press it five time I get a 1 (I think this is wrong, but you should get the impression what I want to tell you).

So if I want to change the movie Thunderball to 007 Thunderball I have to enter:
    99999999999999997777 to get the 007.

Is there a way to change the behavior, that I can enter the number with one keypress? I think I have somewhere enable the typing adds, but I don't know where the option is.
    One of your keys on the remote should open up a virtual keyboard for text fields. The average number of button presses should be a lot lower, but it isn't going to be 3.

Marc

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mrand View Post
    One of your keys on the remote should open up a virtual keyboard for text fields. The average number of button presses should be a lot lower, but it isn't going to be 3.]
    This is a little help, but I'm using my normal keyboard and not my remote to enter the the text. Normal keys like a or t are Pretty easo to enter, but only on numbers MythTV insist that I have to press the numbers more than once to enter numbers.

Isn't there an easy way to let me enter even the numbers directly? I meam, if I press 1 than I want a 1 and not a.

It is easier to enter Thunderball (12 keystrokes) than enter 007 (20 keystrokes).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Go onto the field and hit Enter. The previous comment is still valid as the remote number keys are mapped to your keyboard number keys.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?