Page 195 of 380 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 3796

Thread: Conky Weather Forecast Python Script

Beans

Re: Conky Weather Forecast Python Script

Hi, It's obvious that I'm loosing something. I read the initial post 20 times but I don't get how can I get my conkyforecast running.

I setup my conkyForecast.config file with ID & Key. But I don't get what to do in the next step.

If I run the example conkyrc the Norwich info it's still there.

What do I have to do after setting my config file?
    Like mentioned "nano ~/.conkyForecast.config"

Beans

The network is up and has been for a couple of hours before I get to it. But sleep delay??? . . .uh . . . OOps. Back in a minute.

xeddog

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by eltioseba View Post
    Hi, It's obvious that I'm loosing something. I read the initial post 20 times but I don't get how can I get my conkyforecast running.

I setup my conkyForecast.config file with ID & Key. But I don't get what to do in the next step.

If I run the example conkyrc the Norwich info it's still there.

What do I have to do after setting my config file?
    Like mentioned "nano ~/.conkyForecast.config"
    --location= setting needs to change to your location code of choosing. Everywhere you see UKXX0103 replace it for what you want.

Also, it is probably worth you copying the example files to your home folders, making the changes there and then running conky against the new conkyrc file location

Hope that helps

Beans

kaivalagi -

I finally got back to trying to get my radar image working. I have managed to get a map, but I think what I am getting is more like --datatype=M instead of "WM" because there is no weather information on it. Just topography. It shows clear skies for the entire state of California, but we have recently had rain and our skies are NOT clear. I think this is probably an issue with weather.com though. You can go to their website and see the entire western half of the U.S. is showing clear. NOAA shows the correct stuff.

I have just one question. If I go to my system monitor and end the conky process, all of my weather information that is displayed goes away, except the radar map. It stays there. Any idea why??

Thanks,

Wayne

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Those new icons are so much nicer than the ones that I originally use. Looking good.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by lvleph View Post
    Those new icons are so much nicer than the ones that I originally use. Looking good.
    Thanks, nice to see you about these parts

I'd dare say if image support was in conky when you were active with your weather script thread your output would be looking good too!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by xeddog View Post
    kaivalagi -

I finally got back to trying to get my radar image working. I have managed to get a map, but I think what I am getting is more like --datatype=M instead of "WM" because there is no weather information on it. Just topography. It shows clear skies for the entire state of California, but we have recently had rain and our skies are NOT clear. I think this is probably an issue with weather.com though. You can go to their website and see the entire western half of the U.S. is showing clear. NOAA shows the correct stuff.

I have just one question. If I go to my system monitor and end the conky process, all of my weather information that is displayed goes away, except the radar map. It stays there. Any idea why??

Thanks,

Wayne
    Yeah NOAA will be more accurate for the US but it only supports the US for detailed information...I tried it a long time ago and that was the reason I didn't use it. Now if I was based in the US I would have, for purely selfish reasons

No idea why the satellite image stills show, if conky is killed then so should any image output it creates...

Conky bug?

Beans

Kaivalagi -

Well heck. The more I look into this radar image the more confused I make myself. I am now at the point where I can start conky and get all my weather information, including the radar map. But! At the expiration of the interval set in the execpi command, I lose all weather display information. Not just the radar image, but all of it.

I would appreciate it if you could take a look through my files and see if you can tell me what I am doing wrong. I have tried so many things that is is difficult for me to tell you what is happening, except for this last shot. And if I just remove the very last line of the weather.template file (that is the last image line), all of the other weather data works just fine.

I have attached a zip file with my conkyrc, weather.template, and the command I use to run Conky.

Thanks a lot.

xeddog
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Hidden!

I would suggest taking the weathermap image line out of the template and having a separate execpi callin the conkyrc and another template for it...I think maybe the image is too big to function through that big template well...execpi has it's limitations I would imagine.

Beans

Whoa! Psychedelic drug time. Each of the execpi commands took turns. One would come on while the other went off. Then they would reverse about every second or so and it looked kinda like a strobe light. Maybe I need to try it another way.

xeddog

Page 195 of 380 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast