Page 375 of 380 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 3796

Thread: Conky Weather Forecast Python Script

Beans

Re: Conky Weather Forecast Python Script

I am getting the following errors when ever I run corny. I am trying to use VinDSL's script:

Code:
    /home/tuek/.conky/weather/weatherInfo.xml:2: parser error : AttValue: " or ' expected
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    /home/tuek/.conky/weather/weatherInfo.xml:2: parser error : attributes construct error
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    /home/tuek/.conky/weather/weatherInfo.xml:2: parser error : Couldn't find end of Start Tag html line 2
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    /home/tuek/.conky/weather/weatherInfo.xml:2: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    unable to parse /home/tuek/.conky/weather/weatherInfo.xml
    /home/tuek/.conky/weather/weatherInfo.xml:2: parser error : AttValue: " or ' expected
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    /home/tuek/.conky/weather/weatherInfo.xml:2: parser error : attributes construct error
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    /home/tuek/.conky/weather/weatherInfo.xml:2: parser error : Couldn't find end of Start Tag html line 2
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    /home/tuek/.conky/weather/weatherInfo.xml:2: parser error : Extra content at the end of the document
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^
    <html lang=en>
               ^

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by tuek View Post
    I am getting the following errors when ever I run corny. I am trying to use VinDSL's script:
    Hi tuek,

VinDSL does not use this script. His is found here. I am not sure what script he uses.

Beans

Hello everyone. I just started attempting to use conkyForecastWU today, got my wunderground key, and verified that it's all happy and working on the cli.

Code:
    $ conkyForecastWU -id HT
    34°F
    $ conkyForecastWU -id LT
    34°F
    $ conkyForecastWU -d CT
    Overcast
    $ conkyForecastWU -d SR
    07:53
    However, no matter what datatypes I try to call, nor whatever version of exec I use (exec, exexp, execi, execpi), conky will only display the default; HT in Celsius.

I've been googling and searching the thread, but haven't found anything helpful yet. Any ideas?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by houn View Post
    Hello everyone. I just started attempting to use conkyForecastWU today, got my wunderground key, and verified that it's all happy and working on the cli.

Code:
    $ conkyForecastWU -id HT
    34°F
    $ conkyForecastWU -id LT
    34°F
    $ conkyForecastWU -d CT
    Overcast
    $ conkyForecastWU -d SR
    07:53
    However, no matter what datatypes I try to call, nor whatever version of exec I use (exec, exexp, execi, execpi), conky will only display the default; HT in Celsius.

I've been googling and searching the thread, but haven't found anything helpful yet. Any ideas?
    Copy and paste your pertinent line of code from directly from your Conky. I expect you are missing a "-i" somewhere or have another typo causing the default conkyForecastWU output (which just returns HT in celsius). "execi" works fine for me.
    Who's Awesome? You're Awesome.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
    Copy and paste your pertinent line of code from directly from your Conky. I expect you are missing a "-i" somewhere or have another typo causing the default conkyForecastWU output (which just returns HT in celsius). "execi" works fine for me.
    Relevant conkyrc section:
    Code:
    ${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color0}WEATHER ${color DarkSlateGray}${hr 2}
    ${font}${color DimGray}

${voffset -25}${font Weather:size=45}${execi 1800 conkyForecastWU –d HT}
    ${alignc 22}${voffset -60}${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color DimGray}${execi 1800 conkyForecastWU –d CT}
    $font${voffset -55}${alignr}${color DimGray}Wind: ${execi 1800 conkyForecastWU –d WS}
    ${alignr}${color DimGray}Humidity: ${execi 1800 conkyForecastWU –d HM}
    ${alignr}${color DimGray}Precipitation: ${execi 1800 conkyForecastWU –d PC}

${color DimGray}Sunrise: $alignr${execi 1800 conkyForecastWU –d SR}${alignr}
    Sunset: $alignr${execi 1800 conkyForecastWU –d SS}$color

Beans

I figured it out. I'd copy/pasted a large chunk of this conkyrc, and the "-" character wasn't a proper dash; once I removed and replaced them all, it was working fine. Odd indeed.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

I figured it out. I'd copy/pasted a large chunk of this conkyrc, and the "-" character wasn't a proper dash; once I removed and replaced them all, it was working fine. Odd indeed.
    Glad you got it working, I figured it had to be some sort of typo in the code, but not sure if I would have caught that one too easily. Copy and paste bugs can bite you sometimes

Thanks for sharing the solution, as something like that could easily cause problems for others as well.

Beans

Ah, took some digging, but that was an "en dash"; a longer dash, about the length of an "n" character, often used in replace of the word "to". ASCII code 150.

Sorry, silly things like that interest me. I'd originally grabbed the base conkyrc from this wordpress blog, http://linuxowns.wordpress.com/2008/...m-conky-setup/, and it must have decided to play fast and loose with dashes in order to format the text nicer on the screen, heh.

Beans
    Hidden!

Ah, took some digging, but that was an "en dash"; a longer dash, about the length of an "n" character, often used in replace of the word "to". ASCII code 150.

Sorry, silly things like that interest me. I'd originally grabbed the base conkyrc from this wordpress blog, http://linuxowns.wordpress.com/2008/...m-conky-setup/, and it must have decided to play fast and loose with dashes in order to format the text nicer on the screen, heh.
    Just a curious question, the code you liked to uses conkyFoecast. Why change it to use conkyForecastWU?

conkyForecast is alive and well.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    conkyForecast alive and well? It was my understanding, as you pointed out before, that weather.com was no longer supporting the program and conkyForecast was no longer in development; therefore creating issues with improper parsing of the information sometime down the line. conkyForecastWU is still in development however.

Has someone else picked up the development of conkyForecast?

Page 375 of 380 FirstFirst ... 275325365373374375376377 ... LastLast