Quote Originally Posted by Petro Dawg View Post
conkyForecast alive and well? It was my understanding, as you pointed out before, that weather.com was no longer supporting the program and conkyForecast was no longer in development; therefore creating issues with improper parsing of the information sometime down the line. conkyForecastWU is still in development however.

Has someone else picked up the development of conkyForecast?
Sorry if I have misled you. No cF is no longer supported. Mark stopped when weather·com went 100% pay by the month. And for a while cF stopped working unless you had the "paid for" 10 ID and KEY. Those conkys continued to work as mine always have.

At some point in time cF started working again without an ID or KEY.

I have three cf config files here:
~/.conkyForecast.config
~/.conkyForecast.config_e
~/.conkyForecast.config_w

The first is the same as the "_e" version as far as ID and KEY is concerned - empty. The "_w" version is with my paid for ID and KEY.

Code:
#=============================================#
# EXPERT SETTINGS, NOT REQUIRED TO BE ALTERED #
#=============================================#
#BASE_XOAP_URL = http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/<LOCATION>?cc=*&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<XOAP_PARTNER_ID>&key=<XOAP_LICENCE_KEY>&unit=m
BASE_XOAP_URL = http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/<LOCATION>?cc=*&dayf=10&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<XOAP_PARTNER_ID>&key=<XOAP_LICENCE_KEY>&unit=m
MAXIMUM_DAYS_FORECAST = 9

#===============================================#
# USER SETTINGS, EDIT BASED ON DOCUMENTED SETUP #
#===============================================#
CACHE_FOLDERPATH = /media/5/Conky/cache/
CONNECTION_TIMEOUT = 5
EXPIRY_MINUTES = 30
TIME_FORMAT = %H:%M
DATE_FORMAT = %Y-%m-%d
LOCALE = en
XOAP_PARTNER_ID =
XOAP_LICENCE_KEY =
DEFAULT_LOCATION = ARBA0009
AUTO_NIGHT = TRUE
PROXY_HOST =
PROXY_PORT = 8080
PROXY_USERNAME =
PROXY_PASSWORD =
So while not supported, it is working again and I still advocate NOT using /tmp/ for the /cache/ - root owns those and you loose them on shutdown.

Where is the latest conkyForecsatWU a person can gab? It's only the Alpha version that comes packaged with conkyForecast v2.24. I tried it once a long time ago but have not followed it closely. cF has always worked for me. I don't even have the registration number for wunderground anymore.

If you want a different weather script that is being supported by the author check the Conky Weather in my sig. I support (with help where needed) mrpeachy's v9000 LUA script and Teo's bash scripts for four sited. Arclance's script is a bit much for me but you can get it here, it's interactive - check out the video.

I apologize if I have misled you.