Thread: how do i detect USB devises like TI84plus Calculator?

Beans

how do i detect USB devises like TI84plus Calculator?

like the topic says.

i am having trouble with it. its not being detected =( please help

the .exe is found here http://education.ti.com/educationpor...List.do?websit

and its for the TI84 plus btw

Again please help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: how do i detect USB devises like TI84plus Calculator?

I looked at this program for my ti-89 (http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/) it should be in the repositories. I had it working for my ti-86 back in the day. Otherwise you could try to emulate the ti-connect exe you found with wine. Those are my only suggestions.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rzrgenesys187 View Post
    I looked at this program for my ti-89 (http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilp/) it should be in the repositories. I had it working for my ti-86 back in the day. Otherwise you could try to emulate the ti-connect exe you found with wine. Those are my only suggestions.
    hmm i dont know where to start on that site as of yet...is it an OS type of program so i can explore and use Noteflio? i have the Ti connect program running on wine but its still not detecting the calculator. i go to "TI update" and the timer ends with no results. i use it cause of Noteflio which is a TI notepad like app. its good if you need notes to bring along with you. thanks for the help btw still wondering if u used this to explore the calculator and how do you download it? i cant see any codes for terminal ubuntu gutsy to start downloading.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KEE View Post
    hmm i dont know where to start on that site as of yet...is it an OS type of program so i can explore and use Noteflio? i have the Ti connect program running on wine but its still not detecting the calculator. i go to "TI update" and the timer ends with no results. i use it cause of Noteflio which is a TI notepad like app. its good if you need notes to bring along with you. thanks for the help btw still wondering if u used this to explore the calculator and how do you download it? i cant see any codes for terminal ubuntu gutsy to start downloading.
    opps i just figured out you said it was in repositories =P i found it ill check it out now hehe

Beans

yeah i am lost with this =Z it says i need the following on Linux

# a Pentium PC or better with any Linux distribution installed
    # 25/30MB of RAM (most part is used by GTK)
    # an X-Window system (Xfree is the most common)
    # GTK+ 2.6 libraries
    # USB support thru libusb (if you intend to use a SilverLink or DirectLink cable)

so i got the program running but it not connecting to the calculator still =Z
    Last edited by KEE; July 24th, 2008 at 06:59 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I can't imagine that it has access to notefolio. When I last used it, it could just move files back and forth, but if you could get the files on they should be able to be viewed with the program. I'm taking a look at getting it running and working with my 89

Beans

I can't imagine that it has access to notefolio. When I last used it, it could just move files back and forth, but if you could get the files on they should be able to be viewed with the program. I'm taking a look at getting it running and working with my 89
    i am reading the readme its pretty confusing =Z i am reading the readme for tilibs.tar.gz . on the site file:///usr/share/tilp2/help/chapter01.html
    it says i need that to install. i am reading the readme and not sure how to compile tilibs =Z

Beans

so i think u can skip that compiling of "framework" and go to the 1.5 Configuration but i am stll not sure about the cables hes talking about? silverlink, blacklink, homemadelink?? mines a TI84plus silver edition calculator and came with a navy blue(could be mistaken for black) usb-mini to usb cord=Z

Beans

if u figure it out post it please...i keep getting a loop on where to go for the Linux kernel modules and i not even sure i am doing that right =Z