Thread: [SOLVED] Compaq Presario 1400 drivers

Beans

[SOLVED] Compaq Presario 1400 drivers

Well I've searched here and on the web for any info but I can't seem to find anything that works. I've installed ubuntu (and then all updates) on a compaq presario 1400 laptop, and I had to install it in safe graphics mode since otherwise the screen was simply black. I assume I need some sort of driver. Right now the resolution is limited to 800 x 600 and everything is very blocky so its a pain to use. Any help resolving this issue is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

after installing a Nvidia settings thing and restarting it asked me to fix the resolution thing and it worked :]
    Last edited by trevorlsciact; July 30th, 2008 at 08:47 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: [SOLVED] Compaq Presario 1400 drivers

Hi, I've tried your solution but it didn't work as well as I expected. I get complete screen but with very bad resolution.

I tried to fix it and at last it worked.
    I used the sysinfo application to know which was the graphic card that my presario used [in my case trident cyberblade] and afterwards i entered in the safe mode session and select a monitor with 1024x768 and the trident cyberblade graphic card. I boot the computer and in Preferences>Screen I could select the 1024x768 resolution.
    I hope you can do the same and get the same results