Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: HOWTO: Get your ESI MAYA 44 to work

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: HOWTO: Get your ESI MAYA 44 to work

Well, you can always open a terminal and type in " lsusb ". This is short for "List USB," and it will give you a list of everything your computer sees plugged into your USB ports. " aplay -l " will also list all of your sound cards. You can also try getting JACK running and see if the inputs/outputs appear in there. Other than that, I don't know that I can help you much more. At this point it may be time to start a new thread and hope that someone else who actually has maya44usb finds you.

PS. I sent you a private message explaining WINE, JACK and ALSA.

I stumbled across another forum that might have the solution. It's here: http://www.uluga.ubuntuforums.org/sh....php?p=8887622
    Apparently, you just need to set the Maya 44 usb to be the default sound card so that ALSA will use it instead of the one inside your computer. If it's on-board, you can usually disable it in BIOS, if not you could always see what you can do with this forum: http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...ubuntu-564006/

Bad memories of trying to use dual sound cards are staring to come back to me... good luck!
    Last edited by Tropcon; July 31st, 2010 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Found some new stuff.

Beans
    Distro

What is the recent situation? I'm about to purchase the ESI Maya44 and I haven't been able to understand clearly whether it works completely (or partially, e.g., phantom power can't be switched on) or not in linux. Does anyone know for sure?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by kokoshmusun View Post
    What is the recent situation? I'm about to purchase the ESI Maya44 and I haven't been able to understand clearly whether it works completely (or partially, e.g., phantom power can't be switched on) or not in linux. Does anyone know for sure?
    I have similar questions but I want to get work MAYA 44 USB, this is recongized by ubuntu 9.10 plug and play.
    How its works in real ?

Beans
    Distro

Krzakx,

So, there are three MAYA44 devices. PCI, PCI-E and USB. The PCI version, apparently, works fine. The PCI-E version... well, I don't know. No one's said anything here yet.
    Those two cards are the topic of this thread, and I believe the post you quoted was referring to the PCI-E edition.

The MAYA 44 USB is a different story. It's been plug & play for years (since Intrepid.) Shouldn't have a problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Tropcon View Post
    The MAYA 44 USB is a different story. It's been plug & play for years (since Intrepid.) Shouldn't have a problem.
    Ther is problem, check this please http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1787616

Beans
    Distro

I got the ESI Maya44 PCI and it works under linux. But I haven't been able to take advantage of it fully, as I found it difficult to set up a linux audio distro. Right now, I'm trying xubuntu + KXStudio but there are still problems.

Beans

well, thanks to this post, i will finally install ubuntu in my computer!!!!

Many thanks to all of you!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by oldvelvet View Post
    well, thanks to this post, i will finally install ubuntu in my computer!!!!

Many thanks to all of you!
    Do you have MAYA PCI or USB?

Beans

I have the Maya 44 XTe (PCIe) and didn't get it running yet. Still hope for solutions, because I really want to use Ubuntu, otherwise I have to keep using Windows

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678