Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Get your ESI MAYA 44 to work

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Get your ESI MAYA 44 to work

Hello,

i (linux newbie) am trying to install the MAYA44 (Pci) version for 2 long nights...

Alsa (1.0.21)+lib+utils seems correctly installed, i checked out all the tips on several websites,
    got all the packages, no errors on compiling, compiled with the ice1724 drivers, got the modules loaded using modprobe... all fine, its just the card simply is NOT recognized at all!

cat /proc/asound/cards
    0 [ICH5 ]: ICH4 - Intel ICH5
    Intel ICH5 with ALC650F at irq 20

just my on-board card is seen (and is also configurable in alsaconf etc.).

lspci | grep audio
    00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 02)
    02:09.0 Multimedia audio controller: Hint Corp Unknown device 1012 (rev 01)
    02:09.1 Multimedia audio controller: Hint Corp Unknown device 1013 (rev 01)

this last one seems like the maya 44 to me... but somehow alsa seems to have no clue!
    Tried under ubuntu 8.04 and 9.10... same problem, tried different pci slots... nothing... card works ok under windows XP.

Help anybody?

thanks Thomas

Beans

Angry Re: HOWTO: Get your ESI MAYA 44 to work

Oops, I had to read the previous posts with more attention...
    my card is also from Audiotrak, and now i understand it's not supported at all...
    aiai, what a waste of time.... and good luck serg78

Beans

Hi,

Have you tried this driver?:
    http://www.intilinux.com/driver/942/...ver-per-linux/

You have to patch it first.
    Make sure you have the ALSA kernel driver compiled.
    Last edited by Orange Kingdom; November 10th, 2009 at 10:27 PM.

Beans

Orange,

do you mean this driver will also work for audiotrak MAYA44 (and not only for esi MAYA44, as the link says?)

greetings Thomas

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Thomas1983,

That's an interesting question. I had never heard of Audiotrak before, but they are listed on the ALSA compatible soundcard list. However, as you can see by following the link, there is no mention of Audiotrak having a MAYA44 card. I went to the Audiorak website, and sure enough, they did make a MAYA44 MKII soundcard. However, at the bottom of of the Audiotrak page, it says:
    MAYA44 MKII has since been replaced by the new ESI version of MAYA44.
    The ESI MAYA44 and the Audiotrak MAYA44 MKII cards apear to be quite similar, but there are small differences (e.g. the Audiotrak has 12v phantom power, whereas the ESI has 48v.)
    Both cards seem to have the same chipset though (ICE controller chipset), and with one simply being a newer version of the other, I find it quite possible to think that this ESI driver may work with the Audiotrak MAYA44 MKII (but it might require some tweaking.)

So did ESI just buy this card from Audiotrak, or what??
    Last edited by Tropcon; November 12th, 2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Forgot some extra links that make personal comparison of the two cards simpler.

Beans

Tropcon,

It appears Audiotrak is a Korean subdivision of ESI....

Quote Originally Posted by Tropcon View Post
    . However, as you can see by following the link, there is no mention of Audiotrak having a MAYA44 card.
    it seems they do have one: Audiotrak Maya44 (<--link)
    The card I have never mentioned "MKII" on the box, or in the drivers, still, my card looks on the outside much more like a MKII than the one seen in the link (maybe some transition-model???)

anyway. "normal MAYA44" or MKII, it seems impossible (for me, that is) to run Audiotrak with the new alsa drivers (1.0.21 with MAYA44 support) or the older versions (with the patch), this was mentioned before in this tread....

Quote Originally Posted by floydbarber View Post
    Audiotrak's Maya44 is not supported for now (this is my final opinion).
    Alsa simply won't recognise the card. Too bad, because, like you say, the ESI and Audiotrak cards appear very similar.

I gave up on it too, maybe there will be support in the future...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

It appears Audiotrak is a Korean subdivision of ESI...
    Oh, okay. That makes sense.

..maybe there will be support in the future...
    It's possible, but I wouldn't count on it. It looks to be quite discontinued. I wonder how easy, or hard, making it work would be though... the cards can't be that different.

That's what I love about Linux; anything's possible. You just have to wait for it to happen...

(just like how I'm still waiting for someone to tell me if the phantom power works on the PCIexpress version of the ESI...)

Beans

Hi guys, I had the maya44 PCI card which worked out of teh box with Karmic.
    The I replaced the card with the Maya44e (because of the midi output) but this doesn't work out of the box with Karmic. What can I do?
    I had installed the alsa driver 1.0.21 but it seems that when I run alsaconf the card is not seen from the driver, as I can olny select
    ati hd driver (???)
    Last edited by sonnet; November 16th, 2009 at 10:30 PM.

Beans

Unhappy Re: HOWTO: Get your ESI MAYA 44 to work

Maya 44 works out-of-the-box with 9.10 Karmic Koala, but
    I can't select both input and output devices
    I've got "ESI Maya Analog Stereo" listed in input devices when switching to Analog Stereo Input mode, but it hides Maya from output devices.
    In Analog Stereo Duplex should be listed both input & output
    devices but they're not.

Beans

Hello! I can`t switch on phantom power +48v in the default kernel 2.6.32 driver.
    Does anybody have such experience as me?
    (And probably there some mess in the other mixer parameters)
    All stuff working correctly only with the patch esimaya44patch-alsa-1.0.19.diff.tar.gz from this forum (page 1). But with current kernel driver do not work.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast