Thread: firewall

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

firewall

My only access to internet are two networks to which I don't have the administrator privileges. Both are firewalled.
    I thus am unable to use P2P networks.
    One of them I know is a linux administrator the other I don't know.
    Here's the question.
    Is it possible to open a couple of ports through them so I can use bittorrent.

Beans

Re: firewall

No. Compromising security of networks you don't own won't be supported here

Beans

sure, just ask your local friendly admin to open them up for you
    Debian Testing(64bit) + XFCE4 AM2 5200+ ATI Radeon HD4350, 4gig RAM,320Gig and 750gig HDs

what's the difference between an answer and a solution? An answer is what they want to hear, a solution is what they don't want to hear

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by LaRoza View Post
    No. Compromising security of networks you don't own won't be supported here
    I am sorry if I asked something wrong, but I considered it harmless as all i wanted was to download from torrents which i am unable to at the moment. You see the web misses it's point without that for me.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sameer.india View Post
    I am sorry if I asked something wrong, but I considered it harmless as all i wanted was to download from torrents which i am unable to at the moment. You see the web misses it's point without that for me.
    Since you don't own the network, you'll have to contact whoever does. There is likely a reason why it is blocked.

Beans

asking how to hack the system to do it without an admins approval is considered an offense and most of us here try to stay on the legal side of things (for the most part)
    Debian Testing(64bit) + XFCE4 AM2 5200+ ATI Radeon HD4350, 4gig RAM,320Gig and 750gig HDs

what's the difference between an answer and a solution? An answer is what they want to hear, a solution is what they don't want to hear