Thread: Need help with .sh installation

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Need help with .sh installation

Hey guys,

First off, I am looking for a program that will enable me play music off my computer by saying the name of the artist/song into a mic. I found this program called talkhouse and they have a linux version. The download is called talkhouse_unix.sh and when I go to install it I does not complete.

When the Java box pops up for the installation it is blank and then nothing happens. Does anyone know how to fix this or could suggest a program that does the same thing and is free???

Beans

Re: Need help with .sh installation

I am not that familiar with this but it looks like all you need to do is install java. The web site does not provide much info does it.
    Open a terminal and at the prompt copy and paste the following:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get remove icedtea-gcjwebplugin openjdk-6-jre openjdk-6-jre-headless openjdk-6-jre-lib && sudo apt-get install sun-java6-fonts sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin unrar
    If that does not work then maybe someone else will post a solution or you may need to ask the help at talkhouse for more info.

Re: Need help with .sh installation

Easy way to install java on 32-bit OS:

Applications > Add/Remove > Show: change to 'All Available Applications' > Search: Sun Java 6 > check top box (Sun Java 6 Runtime) > apply changes > apply > close

Read How to Install Anything in Ubuntu to install .sh
    Last edited by Sef; July 23rd, 2008 at 06:57 AM.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine