Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: New linux on the way!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: New linux on the way!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ryclegman View Post
    So people that have tried Borderless Linux, what do you think of it?
    I gave it a try in vmware. Looked great but ran like sludge.........soooooo slowly it wasn't usable. Also for some reason the screen resolution was much too big, like it didn't select the vm resolution. Other distros do with no problem.

Haven't got a spare pc at the moment so can't do a proper install to try - hope someone has a bit more success than me.

Keep up the work
    Macbook and Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

Me and the Lead Dev are meeting tonight to discuss borderless... I talked to him earlier on the phone and he said that he is actually totally restructuring the distro.. He is also updating the gnome as well! The next Beta is already looking great!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Me and the Lead Dev are meeting tonight to discuss borderless... I talked to him earlier on the phone and he said that he is actually totally restructuring the distro.. He is also updating the gnome as well! The next Beta is already looking great!
    Do you think that the distro should really be in a beta state? If you are doing major revisions to the distro, it would mean that it is a new version and should go back to the testing state (not alpha or beta). The alpha state should be to find any bugs that were not found in your testing and not introducing new changes, then the beta state should be to stablize the system, then you can go to the release candidate where you feel that there are no major bugs out there, and finally come out with the official release.

Beans

Every time I see this thread something is being restructured
    "It is one thing to show a man that he is in an error, and another to put him in possession of the truth." (John Locke)

Beans

Grammar aside, could you not give updates on every single thought? No need to keep the thread on the first page.

Please look at this to see some concerns of the community: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=953985

Also, how do you have a beta, while restructuring?

Beans

Hey Ryan, given the unfriendly responses to your constant updates, would it be more appropriate if you made a blog, and posted there instead? Thus, you could post everything you want, as often as you want, and have us reply as comments? If so, just post the link here, and then maybe add a bump post on here everytime there's something major, like a beta version, or final release...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Yeah, I've been watching this thread for the last few days. Its constantly getting bumped by either a: "Anyone here using Borderless?" or an arbitrary update. While the intentions may or may not be good, its beginning to look very spammy. I second the idea of a blog for your users to discuss the distro's happenings.

Beans

It's rather obvious that GNOME is being updated, since 2.24 was added to the Arch repos a couple days ago

Beans

Cool Re: New linux on the way!!!!

OK... You wont see me here any more. I do use our forums, but i like to inform people of things and such that are going on. Many people are interested. Sorry for using UF for this. If you could close this Thread, it might make there day, so do as you wish!

You have my permission...

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637