Thread: mounting "protected" .iso

Beans

mounting "protected" .iso

Hello!

I switched to ubuntu on my laptop, but recently I have spotted a problem. There is a program i was using on windows - a map of my country. The problem is that this map is available only on windows of course. When i tried to install the program after mounting the .iso on ubuntu, it came with an error from the program: smthing like "use the original cd". When i was on windows i was using daemon tools to install it. i am quite sure that wine will install and run this program, so the only problem i have is to mount "protected" image.

Thanks in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: mounting "protected" .iso

Not sure what you are trying to do , but you realize you can not run windows applications on Linux ?

You could try your application with wine ...

You can mount your iso with :

Code:
    sudo mkdir /media/iso
    sudo mount -o loop -t iso9660 /path/to/file.iso /media/iso
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

Re: mounting "protected" .iso

when i mount the iso and try to install it using wine the installer says that "you have to use original cd", which is normal, because it is protected. what i need is a daemon tools alternative for linux. daemon tools allows to install protected iso's.
    Last edited by penetrarthur; July 23rd, 2008 at 03:04 PM.