Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wifi support for neo laptop. neet help!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

wifi support for neo laptop. neet help!

guys pano i enable ang wifi support ng neo laptop m72s ang model? wla kasi documentation sa website ng neo eh help naman..
    1 + 1 = 2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: wifi support for neo laptop. neet help!

Quote Originally Posted by adredz View Post
    guys pano i enable ang wifi support ng neo laptop m72s ang model? wla kasi documentation sa website ng neo eh help naman..
    Hi Bro adredz! I had the same problem two weeks ago with my Neo M3S laptop. Then I found a fix from this site...

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...hlight=BCM4312

Worked like a charm! Now I can use my wifi. Most likely you are also using Broadcomm adapter.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

hello guys i have a neo laptop, its empriva i think, anyway i was also wondering if you could help me activate my wifi for ubuntu, i don't know what type of wifi my laptop uses but, is there a way i can solve this?

Beans

go to System> Administration> Hardware Drivers.. tapos activate mo lang yung wireless driver then restart mo laptop mo!.. and thats it!.
    Polytechnic University of the Philippines .... Proud to be Pinoy!..
    Acer Aspire One ZG5 and Neo empriva Laptop: 1.6GHZ intel celeron, 2 Gig DDR2/667 Ram, 160 Gig HDD (80 for Mac OSX Leopard / 80 for Ubuntu 10.04) now i'm a happy man!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

aw nabuhay ang thread.. i posted this to help out my friend, but in the end i opted to install XP on his lappy instead..noob pa kc u eh..
    1 + 1 = 2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Unhappy please enter password's driving me crazy!!!

hi,

nice to know na merong pinoy flavor ang ubuntu forums. anyway, i just did a fresh install of ubuntu 8.10 on a neo empriva 540rvp laptop. everything seems to work fine...and it seemed to have enabled the wireless card.

so i turn it on using the network manager in the system tray(?) and sure enough, it found the wireless network in my friend's house. this was amazing because there was very minimal setup to be done.

excited as i was, there seemed to be a problem. i tried connecting to the wireless network and when i entered the password, a popup window displayed asking me to re-enter the password. i thought that i did it incorrectly the 1st time pero pag try ko ulit, still the same. tapos i noticed na ang password box has values changed to which i think is in hex.

i tried it about a dozen times more, making sure na correct ung password na ginagamit ko but still ayaw pa rin mag connect. labas pa rin ung popup window na please enter authentication key or password...

so i tried the password on my gf's laptop (running windows xp) and it connected to the wireless network flawlessly on the first attempt while in ubuntu, it kept asking me to re-enter the password.

please help.

not sure if this is relevant:
    1) ubuntu seems to see the wireless network as WPA/WPA2 personal and i don't understand what it means.
    2) my friend's wireless network setup is a PLDT DSL line which then connects to a linksys wireless router.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.04 Raring Ringtail

i have a neo elan laptop bagong bili na 8.10 ang OS pero ang chipset na gamit is intel and the wifi works well...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Angry wireless network detected but can't connect even though password is correct...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by boyet View Post
    i have a neo elan laptop bagong bili na 8.10 ang OS pero ang chipset na gamit is intel and the wifi works well...
    hehe...maayo nga ni-work ni para sa imong laptop. maayong adlaw, fellow bisdak. naa pud ko sa cebu karon pero taga cdo ko. i see nga c adredz, taga-cdo. la lang...

anyway, i keep wondering why ubuntu cannot connect to the wireless network when its detected and the password i supply is correct. i know i shouldn't compare but this is where windows wins for me. i am not a genius and would be quite biased since i have used windows more that i have ubuntu (linux in general), but it seems connecting to the internet is easier in windows.

this is not the first time i have used ubuntu (first time on a laptop, though), i even still have the free shippit cds of version 5.04 but, as i said, i find it hard to connect to the internet. back then, i had an old desktop which i installed ubuntu on. it was great since the speed was great and the GUI/desktop was decent given that it was a P2 desktop pc. but when i wanted to connect to the internet using the onboard lan card (which i bought separately), it was hell. i had to keep going online back and forth, asking around how to make it work. in the end, i gave up.

but i don't want to give up now, since i noticed that there have been dramatic improvements (especially with the hardware recognition)...but again, this issue with the wifi is becoming a bit of a problem.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.04 Raring Ringtail

mao ba, bakasyon ka karon? unsa man mamasko? hehehhe

pero mas maayo kung ang 8.10 imong gamiton kay almost all hardware supported na..og daghan pod og workaround kung inkaso dili mogana out of the box

Beans

Re: wireless network detected but can't connect even though password is correct...sig

Quote Originally Posted by riclags View Post
    i keep wondering why ubuntu cannot connect to the wireless network when its detected and the password i supply is correct. i know i shouldn't compare but this is where windows wins for me.
    try deleting the wireless connection, and then input the password again.

if this doesn't solve the issue , you can also use wicd a network manager alternative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast