Thread: Error in GSPCA-SOURCE

Angry Error in GSPCA-SOURCE install

Hello guys!

I'm getting a buggy error when trying to compile my gspca-source for my webcam.

It exits with an CFLAGS error in my Ubuntu "Hardy".
    I'm Quoting the error output when trying to compile:

/gspca# make
    make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build SUBDIRS=/usr/src/modules/gspca CC=cc modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-19-generic'
    scripts/Makefile.build:46: *** CFLAGS was changed in "/usr/src/modules/gspca/Makefile". Fix it to use EXTRA_CFLAGS. Stop.
    make[1]: *** [_module_/usr/src/modules/gspca] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-19-generic'
    make: *** [default] Error 2
    /gspca#
    After that - I've assumed that was some mistake about the C compiler and some "old way" of using the Makefile. So I edit the line in Makefile using the tip that this weird output give me just like that:

Code:
    Old way in Makefile:  CFLAGS += $(DEFINES)
    Changed to:

Code:
    New way in Makefile: EXTRA_CFLAGS += $(DEFINES)
    Well it seems that work just fine... but then...... another crash... and this one give me several erros about functions and other stuff. Of course that I cause that by changing that CFLAG, but... what AM I supose to do?

I'm a little stuck in here .. can anyone help a little bit?

Thnkx in advance!

New error after EXTRA_CFLAGS:

/gspca# make
    make -C /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build SUBDIRS=/usr/src/modules/gspca CC=cc modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-19-generic'
    CC [M] /usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.o
    /usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c:2567: error: unknown field ‘hardware’ specified in initializer
    /usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c: In function ‘cd_to_spca50x’:
    /usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c:2616: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer type
    /usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c: In function ‘spca50x_create_sysfs’:
    /usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c:2655: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘video_device_create_file’ from incompatible pointer type
    /usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c:2657: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘video_device_create_file’ from incompatible pointer type
    /usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c:2659: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘video_device_create_file’ from incompatible pointer type
    /usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c:2665: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘video_device_remove_file’ from incompatible pointer type
    /usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c:2667: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘video_device_remove_file’ from incompatible pointer type
    /usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.c:2669: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘video_device_remove_file’ from incompatible pointer type
    make[2]: *** [/usr/src/modules/gspca/gspca_core.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/usr/src/modules/gspca] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.24-19-generic'
    make: *** [default] Error 2
    /gspca# make
    Last edited by nascimento; July 22nd, 2008 at 08:06 AM.

Re: Error in GSPCA-SOURCE

No one?

=(

Beans

I've run into the same problems, anyone know where to go from here?

Beans

well, you really don't have to compile. AFAIK its already installed by default and the module will only be loaded if it detects an spca compatible webcam.

Beans