Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Xubuntu Fansite

Beans
    Hidden!

Xubuntu Fansite

I have a Xubuntu Fansite in my signature below. I am still adding some things. But I would love to hear feed back on what content/links I can add to make it a better website. I have never done a Fansite for any Operating System before. So I am winging this, lol.

It is a Xubuntu Fansite but I do have other Linux and Linux Related links there.
    The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Xubuntu Fansite

Gahhh! 90's style design!

FlyingIsFun1217

Beans
    Hidden!

lol, old is not necessarily bad
    The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sporkman View Post

See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans
    Hidden!

I agree with the banner. But for now, until I get something else up, it is a little better then plain text. I will be getting a flash banner up probably. Unless something better pops up.

-grubby is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by User3k View Post
    I agree with the banner. But for now, until I get something else up, it is a little better then plain text. I will be getting a flash banner up probably. Unless something better pops up.
    Flash is evil. And your site does look very.. 90s. Try not to use a table based layout. Also, try to use a plain white background.

Beans
    Hidden!

I love tables. It is a hard habit to break, I thought about white as a background but that is such a standard color now a days. If it was a business website, or a forum like this, then yes white and tables like I have there would make it look like crap. But I want to be a little artistic if I can, or at least try to be, and not have it looking like everyone else's.

However. The more I thought about it after I made the above reply, the more I thought flash would be way to annoying. Mainly because all the ads I see are flash based and it has left a bad taste in my mouth. But, I did throw something together with GIMP for now. I may keep it, I am not sure, just tired from a long day. But the flame one was a temporary one. Now that did remind me off something outdated and over used, lol.

(Also, I don't mind constructive criticism at all. If I did I wouldn't have posted it at this forum. So keep it coming, whether I agree or not )

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The graphic on the banner is pretty...hrm.
    Want a quality CD ripping program for Ubuntu? Check out my how-to: Installing Rubyripper on Ubuntu!

Beans
    Hidden!

Ok. I decided to listen to some advice here, a little anyways lol.

The more I looked at it, the more I didn't like the images I was using for backgrounds. It did seem a bit messy. So I changed the html background to black and the table one to white, took out the borders to.

I will look at it again tomorrow and see what I want to do with it. I don't want it plain but I don't want it crowded either. The top where the banner is looks empty, but I am viewing it on a 1440x900 monitor, so I need to keep that in mind.

(By the way. I have been working on the computer so much today with several different things, every time I go to leave a reply here I hit crtl+s..........)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast