Thread: Problem with desktop border

Beans

Question Problem with desktop border

Hi,

I had some problems with my display/graphics after swapping between an ATI and nVidia graphics card a couple of times.

I managed to resolve most of the issues, however, the border at the top of the desktop is still not right.

This is fairly minor, but it's really bugging me: the power icon, time, date, et al used to be in the top right corner, but now they've all shunted left (see screenshot).

How can I return the border to how it was before?
    Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Problem with desktop border

just move them yourself?

right click uncheck lock to panel then move them to desired location

Beans

Thanks; that allowed me to move the power icon, date/time and volume control, but the rest don't have an option to lock/unlock or Move.

So that affects the following icons: Pidgin, Mumbles, Screenlets, Compiz Fusion, the network icon and the update manager 'new updates' icon.

Also, new notifications are not being displayed in the designated area for Mumbles - top right (or anywhere else on-screen).

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by alexeix; July 22nd, 2008 at 01:40 AM. Reason: correcting typo

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Left click just to the side of the notification area (like, just to the left of pidgin in the screen shot). They will all move as a single unit.
    Guide to forum text formatting code. Please use them | Use descriptive thread titles.

Beans

Thanks; that did the trick.