Thread: ATI Radeon 2100 issues.

Beans

ATI Radeon 2100 issues.

Ok. I've spent the last few days working this out, while the situations improved vastly, it isn't completely resolved.

Heres the output
    Code:
    :~$ lspci -n | grep 0300
    01:05.0 0300: 1002:796e

:~$ lspci|grep VGA
    01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon 2100
    I'm using the onboard graphics adaptor for the gigabyte motherboard ga-ma74gm-s2h.

Ati doesn't even list this radeon 2100 at all.. so there are no specific drivers for it. I ran Envy and restarted, that at least let me run in full graphics mode, though a little buggy at that.

I have the range of my resolution, however, it's still very faulty. It locks up after the screen saver comes on if I try to get back to the desktop. Even the screen saver menu locks up if I let it run too long. Games and video flicker badly. I'm hoping this is just something that can bet tweaked, otherwise I'm back to square one with the graphics driver.

Beans

Re: ATI Radeon 2100 issues.

Well, aparently the flickering is a result of the desktop visual effects. Turned off, the flickering completely stops.

However,still having an issue of it freezing in the screen savers..

Beans

Re: ATI Radeon 2100 issues.

Well I just checked and ATI does have a listing for Radeon 2100.

It can be found here http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx if you choose the system type as "Integrated Motherboard Graphics"