Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why isn't Gnome Keyring a fully fledged password manager?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Why isn't Gnome Keyring a fully fledged password manager?

Quote Originally Posted by frup View Post
    Instead of being aggressive and hostile to other people pointing out mere facts, why not be proactive and takes steps to making your idea happen.
    I'm not being aggressive and hostile to other people (at least not to those that haven't been agressive or hostile to me before...), but you are making a point and you're partially right.

I could become a designer for Gnome (that's exactly what you're asking for, believe it or not), but I am just a user who believes this is one big design flaw in Gnome. I don't expect Gnome designers to just follow every suggestion or request, but I do believe users must expose their complaints so developers get to know what users are demanding and why.

I certainly do expect Mark Shuttleworth reads these forums looking for users' demands.

(I'm assuming Gnome and Ubuntu are being done for others and they're not following a "scratch your own itch" model, but I might be wrong.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

They don't care, unless you praise them... it's not like they're trying to get your cash.
    Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position - Mahatma Gandhi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by hanzomon4 View Post
    They don't care, unless you praise them... it's not like they're trying to get your cash.
    They do care I hope, and they certainly should. Mark Shuttleworth is indeed trying to get my cash.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by sicofante View Post
    Evolution does not use the Keyring. That alone is probably an indication that Keyring is the poor child in Gnome, and I'm suggesting it shouldn't be.
    Are you sure it doesn't? My keyring contains my email account information and claims it was put there by evolution.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123