Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open Office Question

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Open Office Question

I will try to answer a number of posts here. Yes, I have installed the Micro$oft fonts, and they do work. However, there seems to be an appox 2% difference in font size (very small) from Windows to Ubuntu. Though not enough to affect single pages by much, it causes a great difference in 20+ page documents.

The difference is far smaller than the difference between font sizes. Instead of going from a size of 10 to 11, I would need to go from 10 to about 10.2. I also tried adjusting the margins slightly, with quite unpredictable results.

The best answer seems to be networking, sharing the printer. I've been procrastinating on that, as I have experienced what a bear it can be to just get two different versions of ******* to talk to each other. Adding to the problem, the Linux book I have doesn't cover network setup (I'm just a beginner at Linux).

So, knowing what a problem networking can be, I'm not even going to ask how. I'll just ask if anyone knows of any good resource materials, either print or online. Of course, if someone did want to try to talk me through this, I could always start another thread.

Thanks all.
    Thanks.

Ubuntu Studio 8.04, Pentium 4/2.4GHz, Asus P4S800D-X mobo, 4GB RAM, 160GB Western Digital HD, nVidia GeForce FX-6200 video card

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: Open Office Question

For those interested, I did find a good tutorial for networking Ubuntu and Windows:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=202605
    Thanks.

Ubuntu Studio 8.04, Pentium 4/2.4GHz, Asus P4S800D-X mobo, 4GB RAM, 160GB Western Digital HD, nVidia GeForce FX-6200 video card

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12