I am trying to connect a HDMI tv to my laptop, and the nvidia settings manager makes me restart the x server if I configure the two seperately. After pressing CRTL+ALT+BACKSPACE all works well and I am back to the login screen. However, when I enter my username and press enter the box becomes grayed out and it just sits there, not doing anything, as if it's stuck. I can't enter anything else because the box is grayed out, but I can still move the mouse and tell it to reboot. If I restart the X-Server and enter a wrong username it does not become grayed out and lets me enter a password too, so this problem only occurs when I enter my username (the only user on this machine). I have my laptop set to automatically log in at startup so I'm not sure if it would lock up as well like this if I were to log in normally. Has anyone had this issue before and knows how to fix it? If not, is there any way to also have it automatically log in when I restart the X-Server so that I can avoid this issue?