Thread: How to Sync Evolution w\ WM6 in Hardy

Beans

How to Sync Evolution w\ WM6 in Hardy

Hello folks. I've been trying to get WM6 to sync with Evolution since it would seem to be supported but I haven't the foggiest how. I have gotten opensync and synce running fine and syncs have been succcessful. How do I do e-mail?

Ideas?
    Last edited by MrObvious; July 20th, 2008 at 05:16 PM.

Beans

Re: How to Sync Evolution w\ WM6 in Hardy

I guess you can't. Opensync isn't mature enough. I talked with Jc2k and he said that pretty much. Sorry folks. I guess I will have to configure my IMAP through GMail to work easier.

Beans

Re: How to Sync Evolution w\ WM6 in Hardy

Alright here is what I basically did:

1) Enable GMail's IMAP service.
    2) Configure Thunderbird and my phone to download e-mail according to GMail's instructions. (If you have 6.1, don't accept the default settings. To bypass you want to enter your email address as something invalid like a@a. After that continue to follow directions.)
    3) If you have a ton of e-mails like me, use the filters to archive e-mails and set it up so that it doesn't show in the Inbox.
    4) On the phone, go to your Inbox, click Menu->Tools->Manage Folders and you can check which folders you want to synchronize. Just don't do the folders you have archived older e-mails.
    5) Enjoy!