Thread: Hp Built In Webcam

Beans

Hp Built In Webcam

tried searching though the forums of keywords that made sense and couldnt find what i was looking for. Im trying to find a way to capture still/ even video images with the built in webcam of my dv9608nr. i know its a crappy webcam but it is nice to have around for images and video using my HDD space. but the error i get using gimp acquire image option i have attached the screen shot yet i know the built in web cam is recognized because i use kopete as my aim client and when i test devices with it it picks up the webcam and the bright blue light lights up. is there a way i can just take still images or even crappy videos with the built in webcam..any special software or what do i need to do. i know its not a need of special drivers or packages cause if kopete can run it...i know ubuntu reocnizes it...so how do i make it easy on myself to record video or just random still pics...cause gimp gives me the error i attached in the screen. thanks to all and any members of the ubuntu community that can and are able to help!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Hp Built In Webcam

try to install cheese
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install cheese
    good luck.
    /**HP Pavilion DV6646us laptop: AMD 1.9 GHz Turion 64 X2 / 2Gb RAM / 160Gb HDD / NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M / 15.4" WXGA / BroadCom BCM4328 wireless / Built-in webcam **/
    -- Kubuntu 9.04, CentOs 5.2, Mikrotik RouterOS 3.3 User -- Argentina LoCo Team

Beans

that did it. thanks i knew i could count on the forums!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Glad it worked!
    /**HP Pavilion DV6646us laptop: AMD 1.9 GHz Turion 64 X2 / 2Gb RAM / 160Gb HDD / NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M / 15.4" WXGA / BroadCom BCM4328 wireless / Built-in webcam **/
    -- Kubuntu 9.04, CentOs 5.2, Mikrotik RouterOS 3.3 User -- Argentina LoCo Team