Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: pci-e card + Onboard video = dual graphics?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: pci-e card + Onboard video = dual graphics?

jeremygjohn, you maybe new to the forum but please try and understand that creating duplicate threads(triplicate in your case) is not allowed since it just makes a mess of everything. Also please understand that you are only allowed one bump within 24 hours.

bapoumba:- I merged the three threads together.
    Think carefully before executing commands containing "rm", especially "sudo rm -rf ", if you require more information concerning this matter, read this.
    I am an experimenter, give me the most stable OS and I can make it unstable in a few hours.

C == seriously fast == FTW!

Beans

Exclamation Re: pci-e card + Onboard video = dual graphics?

Would adding the onboard video device into xorg and making a monitor section using that device enable my secound monitor with onboard and my other monitor on 8600GT?

Beans

do i only get responses when i bump it? lol i give up on you guys i get in trouble f or bumping but then no body will help me unless i do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by jeremygjohn View Post
    Would adding the onboard video device into xorg and making a monitor section using that device enable my secound monitor with onboard and my other monitor on 8600GT?
    Hi and you may try and use this command
    Code:
    gksu displayconfig-gtk
    then use this to change and detect your graphics. It will make adjustments to your xorg so it will make it easier.

do i only get responses when i bump it? lol i give up on you guys i get in trouble f or bumping but then no body will help me unless i do.
    I have a spare system that I was trying to configure the two graphics on and I will attempt again but I do work nights and have other things to do. The bumping is ok just do it once a day as this subforum does not move as fast as say Beginners.
    Edit typo on the command
    Last edited by overdrank; July 20th, 2008 at 05:38 PM.

Beans

ok thank you for trying to help if i cant get this to work in like a week ill be able to connect both to video card because my converter will arrive but i still want to try this until then.

gksu displaycofig-gtk does nothing?
    Last edited by jeremygjohn; July 20th, 2008 at 05:01 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

ok thank you for trying to help if i cant get this to work in like a week ill be able to connect both to video card because my converter will arrive but i still want to try this until then.

gksu displaycofig-gtk does nothing?
    I do apologize as a typo in place
    Code:
    gksu displayconfig-gtk

Beans

Exclamation Re: pci-e card + Onboard video = dual graphics?

ok my converter came today so i have 2 screens on vista business now but like when i run a game my 2nd smaller screen is 1024x768 goes black how came i make it stay in desktop? My main is bigger 1440x900.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

ok my converter came today so i have 2 screens on vista business now but like when i run a game my 2nd smaller screen is 1024x768 goes black how came i make it stay in desktop? My main is bigger 1440x900.
    Hi and are you asking "how to" in windows?

Beans

nvm what i want to find out is is it possible to get a desktop background to fill both screens but i mean is does not repeat it continues onto the secound one? would it have to be a huge resolution? i have a 2560x1200 and it stops have way on my smaller screen?
    Last edited by jeremygjohn; July 22nd, 2008 at 02:06 PM.

Beans

is it too soon to bump?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast