Page 504 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 44044544945025035045055065145546041004 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 10053

Thread: You know you're a geek when........

Beans

Re: You know you're a geek when........

Quote Originally Posted by Kopachris View Post
    So, why aren't any of those included by default? (The open a console window pointing to the current folder thing looks interesting. Someone should add that to Nautilus.)
    It's in naut isn't it? I know it's a thunar feature, I figure naut has far more going on, so maybe it's just a plugin.
    Licat volaré si superturgum Aquila volat

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

So, why aren't any of those included by default? (The open a console window pointing to the current folder thing looks interesting. Someone should add that to Nautilus.)
    I have that in Nautilus, but I think I got it in a separate package. If so, it's in the repos.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thanks, the package is "nautilus-open-terminal" to anyone who's interested. This one's definitely making it into DOS...
    Registered Linux user #481459

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Probably because the normal windows user doesn't have the brain power to wrap their heads around having multiple desktops at once.
    First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Beans

YKYAGW you have had about 4 hours sleep in the past two days and you are spending the early hours of the morning writing version two of a script instead of catching up on your Zs

Guilty BTW.
    Licat volaré si superturgum Aquila volat

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MalfunctioningMartian View Post
    When your GNOME panel looks like this:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/attachment.p...2&d=1199223854
    ...when you just must know what those numbers mean
    ...when you have beaten iwbtg and proudly wear a t-shirt where it says so
    ...when people in your vicinity asks what sudo is when you wear your favorite t-shirt (Linus Torvalds doesn't need sudo)
    ...when you cannot understand why everyone else also have to conquer the world, interfering with your plans
    ...when you had to reboot your computer of two reasons (updated and my USB plugs was ****** up) but you decided that both your torrents and your uptime was more important, waiting with rebooting for 48 hours...
    ...your case stays open (i know it has been said, but it is cool anyway)
    ...I'm gonna go to a friend for the first time tomorrow...but only because he has problems with his computer (i may get an old laptop AND get another friend to talk about linux with)
    ...When at startup your computer says it's kubuntu, in the login screen it is xubuntu and when finally logging on it is ubuntu
    ...when you read the whole thread and posts here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Install as many operating systems as you can just to see how many your laptop can handle...

> Intel® Pentium® Dual Core T3200 2.0GHz | Running Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex
    > Currently learning the ins and outs of Ubuntu Server
    > The difference between Windows and a virus? Viruses rarely fail...

Beans

program quake 5 in asm...from scratch

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

YKYAGW you decide to take a day off to organize your media collection, following a rigid naming and archiving scheme, and have such a great time doing it that you forget to have lunch.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by hatten View Post
    ...when you read the whole thread and posts here
    Otis greets you. *WHACK!* Just one though. The other YKYAGW's you posted make up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GepettoBR View Post
    YKYAGW you decide to take a day off to organize your media collection, following a rigid naming and archiving scheme, and have such a great time doing it that you forget to have lunch.
    *raises hand* Guilty. I do that about once a month, because I collect music quickly and it gets a bit disorganized. If I don't have tags, album art, lyrics, and proper naming convention, the universe is somehow... wrong.

I'm gonna have a helluva time next week - an unorganized friend is giving me ~120GB of music. I'm determined to organize it if it KILLS me. And it probably will, since I will forget to eat all weekend.
    Why are uploads slower than downloads? That's easy. When you upload, the computer has to push the bits upward. When you download, the bits just fall by gravity, so it's much faster.

~/ ~/ on the range...

Page 504 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 44044544945025035045055065145546041004 ... LastLast