Page 552 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 52452502542550551552553554562602652 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 10053

Thread: You know you're a geek when........

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Thumbs down Re: You know you're a geek when........

YKYAGW... you aes-encrypt your HDD and then setup lvm inside this 1TB encrypted partition and give 900gb to /home and 100gb to /. THEN you remove your [2006 vintage] 80gb windows SH*TSTA HDD and throw it the **** out.

GUILTY LOL but I have always had linux, it was my first OS!
    CPU: 4ghz AMD 6 core | RAM: 16gb 1800mhz | HDD: 2*1TB (Striped lvm) 4*30GB SSD (Striped lvm) | Nvidia 9800GTX+ | ASUS Xonar D2X | Marantz 2265B Audio Console With Vacuum Tube Preamps

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: You know you're a geek when........

Quote Originally Posted by modmadmike View Post
    I have always had linux, it was my first OS!
    I wısh I had that luck

—Ilhuıtemoc δ

Beans

Let see...You know your a geek. Maybe if your god in linux or If someone's talking to you and all you have to say is "UBUNTU linux for humanities" .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

... you dream of the day when Linux surpasses microsoft in market share and popularity, ultimately forcing MS to close its doors.

Then again, when linux does become popular, would that mean that virus makers will want to code viruses for it?
    My PC: ASUS P5QC Motherboard w/ Intel Core2Quad 2.83GHz processor - 8GB of DDR2 800 RAM - nVidia GTX 550 TI 1GB - 1 500GB WD SATA Hard Drive - 750GB WD SATA Hard Drive - 2 ASUS DVD+/-RW DL Burners w/ Lightscribe

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jms1989 View Post
    Then again, when linux does become popular, would that mean that virus makers will want to code viruses for it?
    Unfortunately, yes! That's what exactly will happen.
    While it is really harder to make a virus for Linux, it's been long proven that it is not impossible.

Though really if it happens I expect then to be more trojans and rootkits, than classic viruses. And those most likely will try to trick user to enter password in masquaraded fields...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.10 Yakkety Yak

You recognize yourself in the words of Weird Al Yankovic's "White & Nerdy"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLM_the_Ghost View Post
    While it is really harder to make a virus for Linux, it's been long proven that it is not impossible.

Though really if it happens I expect then to be more trojans and rootkits, than classic viruses. And those most likely will try to trick user to enter password in masquaraded fields...
    ITS A TRAP!
    that would be funneh

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLM_the_Ghost View Post

The open development model of most Linux software would make it very hard to code any seriously threatening virii for Linux, though. I think the only way for a Linux virus to cause substantial damage on a wide scale would be by coupling it with PEBKAC.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

you know you're not enough of a geek when(YKYNEOAGW??) you don't wanna join any of the ubuntu, gnu, linux or open source groups on facebook because of fear of what your friends might think but are considering joining the "I enjoy a good shit" group without even thinking about that.
    Customize bash commands/Unknown Process/I love LoL/'Keep Aligned' Stuck
    Red/cyan* means top priority
    *only if you have compiz negative turned on

You know you're a geek when you install Ubuntu on one of the computers on a local library, and not only get away with it but go back the next day to find all the other computers running Ubuntu as well.

Page 552 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 52452502542550551552553554562602652 ... LastLast