Page 492 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592992 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 10053

Thread: You know you're a geek when........

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Red face Re: You know you're a geek when........

every usb pendrive has a linux install of some kind!!!!
    using.... ACER ASPIRE ONE and ACER ASPIRE 5332
    running.... Ubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: You know you're a geek when........

Quote Originally Posted by neu2buntu View Post
    *raises hand* Guilty as charged. I have drives as follows:

512MB - Damn Small Linux
    1GB - Actually no live install, but full of deb packages for fresh installs
    16GB - Ubuntu 8.10 Live Persistent Install
    120GB - iPod, will be running iPod Linux as soon as I can get aruond to it

YKYAGW you just bought a 360 CD holder to start a collection of LiveCDs and distributions (including a few legacy ones). Not only could it be a trip down memory lane someday (Hey, grandkids, look! Ubuntu 8.10, Hardy Heron! Those were the days...), but it'll be really nifty with the random old computers I collect (Wireless doesn't work? *swap LiveCD* OK, wireless does work, but now it's low graphics mode. *swap again* *repeat as necessary*). That, and to outgeek others. Just fer the heck of it.
    Why are uploads slower than downloads? That's easy. When you upload, the computer has to push the bits upward. When you download, the bits just fall by gravity, so it's much faster.

~/ ~/ on the range...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by darth_indy View Post
    YKYAGW you just bought a 360 CD holder to start a collection of LiveCDs and distributions (including a few legacy ones). Not only could it be a trip down memory lane someday (Hey, grandkids, look! Ubuntu 8.10, Hardy Heron! Those were the days...), but it'll be really nifty with the random old computers I collect (Wireless doesn't work? *swap LiveCD* OK, wireless does work, but now it's low graphics mode. *swap again* *repeat as necessary*). That, and to outgeek others. Just fer the heck of it.
    I don't quite have that many. My small (compared to 360 CDs) CD holder has all empty spaces filled with blank CD-Rs so that they're close at hand when I need to burn a live distro.
    Registered Linux user #481459

Beans
    Distro

Well, it's currently nearly half-full with blank discs in preperation for this project, same method that you're using; when I get spare time I dowload and burn 1 or 2. The rest is empty or has random discs I had lying around.
    Why are uploads slower than downloads? That's easy. When you upload, the computer has to push the bits upward. When you download, the bits just fall by gravity, so it's much faster.

~/ ~/ on the range...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Quote Originally Posted by neu2buntu View Post
    I use Damn Small Linux (DSL) if I really need space on the drive.

Code:
    drubie@drubie:~$ ls
    Hangman-1.cpp                   dsl-n-01RC4.iso                 purity.png                      Toast 6 (OSX).sit               dsl-n-01RC4.iso.md5.txt         ssm.zip
    ES 201 nanook                   LS101.pdf                        joe newmud                      useless.jpg
    Grandma's Puppet Show.doc       SteamInstall.msi                cpp_reference_sheet.pdf         npp.5.1.1.bin.zip
    Don't forget to mark threads as [SOLVED] and thank those that helped!

It's not cold until Zero Kelvin, then it just doesn't matter anymore...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You know you're a geek when your computer programming class is doing C++ "Hello world" and you give it the ability to parse command-line arguments. I did that today. The only requirement was that it had to output "Hello, world!" to the screen. I just made it echo whatever arguments it had.

We're having a second teacher teach our computer programming class. The first teacher knows business management, but not computer programming. She was taking the course at the local college at the same time as she was teaching us. The other computer programming teacher is good. I could tell that he fully understood me when I answered his question of how a compiler works. The rest of the class didn't understand, though. While I was making the Hello program in Visual C++ (that's what's installed on the school computers), he asked me in order: Have you done programming before? What languages? What compiler do you use? I have a computer with Linux installed, would you be more comfortable using it with GCC? I told him I'd be fine with Visual Studio, since I've been using it longer than GCC (although, GCC is arguably easier: compare making a new project, selecting what kind, making a new file, etc., etc., to typing "g++ -o test test.cpp"). In any case, I'm really glad we have a teacher who knows his subject. Epic WIN!

On the flip side, they replaced XP with Vista Business. Epic fail.
    Registered Linux user #481459

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by darth_indy View Post
    *raises hand* Guilty as charged. I have drives as follows:

512MB - Damn Small Linux
    1GB - Actually no live install, but full of deb packages for fresh installs
    16GB - Ubuntu 8.10 Live Persistent Install
    120GB - iPod, will be running iPod Linux as soon as I can get aruond to it

i didn't think ipod linux could run on the new ipods
    "Blood feeds the war machine as it eats its way across the land." -No Remorse-
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." -V For Vendetta-
    My Home Page-Free Computer Repair

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by money2themax View Post
    i didn't think ipod linux could run on the new ipods
    That's what I heard too, but it'll be working eventually... and I won't have time to install it until then, most likely.

~/ ~/ on the range...

Beans

You know you're a geek when the first thing you do in the morning and the last thing at night is using the computer.

Beans

You know your a geek when...
    1. you lost somthing and want a google bar.
    2. your computer crashes and you become Emo from depression

Page 492 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 392442482490491492493494502542592992 ... LastLast