Page 472 of 997 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572972 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 9963

Thread: You know you're a geek when........

  1. #4711
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    245
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

    Talking Re: You know you're a geek when........

    You know your a geek when your getting 2 1TB SATA 3GBPS drives in RAID and 8GB of DDR2 800 ram for X-Mas (I know I am).
    CPU: 4ghz AMD 6 core | RAM: 16gb 1800mhz | HDD: 2*1TB (Striped lvm) 4*30GB SSD (Striped lvm) | Nvidia 9800GTX+ | ASUS Xonar D2X | Marantz 2265B Audio Console With Vacuum Tube Preamps

  2. #4712
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    USA
    Beans
    69
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

    Re: You know you're a geek when........

    Quote Originally Posted by modmadmike View Post
    You know your a geek when your getting 2 1TB SATA 3GBPS drives in RAID and 8GB of DDR2 800 ram for X-Mas (I know I am).
    *drools*

    YKYAGW you WANT. Badly.

    I just upgraded my laptop to its max 4 GB of RAM, and bought a 1TB external drive, to use on my multimedia PC.
    Why are uploads slower than downloads? That's easy. When you upload, the computer has to push the bits upward. When you download, the bits just fall by gravity, so it's much faster.

    ~/ ~/ on the range...

  3. #4713
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    *eating something*
    Beans
    704
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: You know you're a geek when........

    YKYAGW for the lack of any good color pickers on a locked-down minimalistic windows install, you decide to find the hex value used in the background of the user information column by digging through HTML and CSS source files.

    I did, and the color for the sidebar where user info is posted is #f6f5f0
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

    Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.

  4. #4714
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    245
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

    Thumbs down Re: You know you're a geek when........

    Quote Originally Posted by jenkinbr View Post
    YKYAGW for the lack of any good color pickers on a locked-down minimalistic windows install, you decide to find the hex value used in the background of the user information column by digging through HTML and CSS source files.

    I did, and the color for the sidebar where user info is posted is #f6f5f0
    couldn't you just use a screen shot and then use the Eye-dropper tool to get the exact colour?
    CPU: 4ghz AMD 6 core | RAM: 16gb 1800mhz | HDD: 2*1TB (Striped lvm) 4*30GB SSD (Striped lvm) | Nvidia 9800GTX+ | ASUS Xonar D2X | Marantz 2265B Audio Console With Vacuum Tube Preamps

  5. #4715
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    245
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

    Thumbs down Re: You know you're a geek when........

    Quote Originally Posted by darth_indy View Post
    *drools*

    YKYAGW you WANT. Badly.

    I just upgraded my laptop to its max 4 GB of RAM, and bought a 1TB external drive, to use on my multimedia PC.
    Too bad my Eee-pc has only one ram slot... BUT I MOUNT HIGH SPEED FLASH DRIVES AS SWAP MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... too bad it you can't remove it without Swapoff-ing

    oh and I do have a fully fledged 13.3inch too
    CPU: 4ghz AMD 6 core | RAM: 16gb 1800mhz | HDD: 2*1TB (Striped lvm) 4*30GB SSD (Striped lvm) | Nvidia 9800GTX+ | ASUS Xonar D2X | Marantz 2265B Audio Console With Vacuum Tube Preamps

  6. #4716
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    *eating something*
    Beans
    704
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: You know you're a geek when........

    Quote Originally Posted by modmadmike View Post
    couldn't you just use a screen shot and then use the Eye-dropper tool to get the exact colour?
    Sadly, the PrntScr key is disabled, or I could....
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

    Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.

  7. #4717
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Beans
    245
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

    Talking Re: You know you're a geek when........

    Quote Originally Posted by jenkinbr View Post
    Sadly, the PrntScr key is disabled, or I could....
    Use a Full resolution Video recorder and rip a frame from it and then do what i said.
    CPU: 4ghz AMD 6 core | RAM: 16gb 1800mhz | HDD: 2*1TB (Striped lvm) 4*30GB SSD (Striped lvm) | Nvidia 9800GTX+ | ASUS Xonar D2X | Marantz 2265B Audio Console With Vacuum Tube Preamps

  8. #4718
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Belo Horizonte/Brazil
    Beans
    573
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: You know you're a geek when........

    Quote Originally Posted by modmadmike View Post
    BUT I MOUNT HIGH SPEED FLASH DRIVES AS SWAP MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...
    I read that and thought "hey, good idea", then I remembered Microsoft did that in Vista and it was sung as a great new feature. They called it SpeedDrive or something.

    So I ask my fellow geeks who have been around for much longer than me, just how many years has this option been available in Linux-based OSes, and why didn't I hear it as a retort when Microsoft was piping people up about it?

  9. #4719
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    *eating something*
    Beans
    704
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

    Re: You know you're a geek when........

    I said 'locked down minimal'

    I can't install anything - there are no tools of the sort installed
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

    Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.

  10. #4720
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Beans
    95
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Re: You know you're a geek when........

    Quote Originally Posted by GepettoBR View Post
    I read that and thought "hey, good idea", then I remembered Microsoft did that in Vista and it was sung as a great new feature. They called it SpeedDrive or something.
    It's called "ReadyBoost".
    Registered Linux user #481459

Page 472 of 997 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482522572972 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •