Page 467 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517567967 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,670 of 10053

Thread: You know you're a geek when........

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: You know you're a geek when........

You know you're a geek when you have more notebooks than Leonardo da Vinci had (and you kept them because they're all filled with important computer information). My school notebooks have computer/physics-related scrawls scattered throughout them, and I have at least 2.5 notebooks filled with computer/physics stuff. And I don't think I'll stop using notebooks anytime soon...
    Registered Linux user #481459

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by poetstorm View Post
    Have you ever run into a really bizarre or tricky problem and it just nags at you and haunts you until you figure out how to fix it, even if it’s not even your computer or anything that is going to affect you in any way?
    Oh, yes. From computer problems, to trying to remember the name of that actor in that movie we saw that time (I've been asked that exact question - that vague). Luckily IMDB usually helps with the latter though. But when it comes to the really tricky problems, I get really frustrated, *but* the high you get right after you fix it... can't be beat! Plus then you get to say "Look! Look! I fixed it!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kopachris
    You know you're a geek when you have more notebooks than Leonardo da Vinci had (and you kept them because they're all filled with important computer information). My school notebooks have computer/physics-related scrawls scattered throughout them, and I have at least 2.5 notebooks filled with computer/physics stuff. And I don't think I'll stop using notebooks anytime soon...
    For a little while, I went all digital, but then I bought a Moleskine notebook on an impulse... and I love it. I thought the Moleskine fanatics were crazy to rave about a stupid notebook, but I love it! I have a couple different ones - an almost-daily journal, one for random thoughts, and one for story ideas and brainstorming (I'm a writer). For some reason, it's just nice to write in one. I couldn't keep up with a digital journal/diary, but I've been very loyal to my notebook.
    Last edited by darth_indy; December 3rd, 2008 at 02:26 AM. Reason: To avoid double-post responses
    Why are uploads slower than downloads? That's easy. When you upload, the computer has to push the bits upward. When you download, the bits just fall by gravity, so it's much faster.

~/ ~/ on the range...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

YKYAGW (You Know You're A Geek When) you start singing the song when you see this in darth_indy's sig:
    ~/ ~/ on the range...
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinbr View Post
    YKYAGW (You Know You're A Geek When) you start singing the song when you see this in darth_indy's sig:
    *laughs* Thanks. YKYAGW you finally make up an acronym for it. Or when your signature includes something like "~/ ~/ on the range" *grins*
    Why are uploads slower than downloads? That's easy. When you upload, the computer has to push the bits upward. When you download, the bits just fall by gravity, so it's much faster.

~/ ~/ on the range...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

YKYAGW you act as though the world is about to end when you're new video card doesn't work.
    I only just realized that my PSU is only 400W, but the box recommends 450W .

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

YKYAGW you get bored and do this: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...63#post6306563
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinbr View Post
    *snrk* Nice one. I'd be tempted to put that in any Ubuntu manual from now on...

~/ ~/ on the range...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

YKYAGW you boot an Ubuntu Intrepid CD on your mom's laptop while she's out walking the dog just to see her reaction . She should be home soon, I'll let you know if I convert her!

Ubuntu would actually run better on her old Compaq Presario laptop than my dad's new HP Pavillion dv9000 because she doesn't use a B-tooth mouse. My dad stopped trying Ubuntu because we couldn't get it to auto-detect the mouse. nDiswrapper would make her built-in wireless work just fine, and it auto-detected our HP Photosmart C6180 WiFi printer. Plus, the LiveCD is running faster than Windows XP ran off of the hard drive!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Kopachris View Post
    YKYAGW you boot an Ubuntu Intrepid CD on your mom's laptop while she's out walking the dog just to see her reaction . She should be home soon, I'll let you know if I convert her!

Ubuntu would actually run better on her old Compaq Presario laptop than my dad's new HP Pavillion dv9000 because she doesn't use a B-tooth mouse. My dad stopped trying Ubuntu because we couldn't get it to auto-detect the mouse. nDiswrapper would make her built-in wireless work just fine, and it auto-detected our HP Photosmart C6180 WiFi printer. Plus, the LiveCD is running faster than Windows XP ran off of the hard drive!
    At least your nicer that that one guy who INSTALLED ubuntu on a friends computer >> reaction this way... http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=986407

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Wow, I woonder if that's real.

Page 467 of 1006 FirstFirst ... 367417457465466467468469477517567967 ... LastLast