Thread: OpenVPN issues

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

OpenVPN issues

I'm having issues connecting to an openvpn server at my workplace. The only error messages i could find are in the syslog

Jul 17 07:51:10 buntu openvpn[6526]: OpenVPN 2.1_rc7 i486-pc-linux-gnu [SSL] [LZO2] [EPOLL] built on Jun 11 2008
    Jul 17 07:51:10 buntu openvpn[6526]: Cannot load private key file /home/dan/vpn/Dan_Therrien.key: error:0B080074509 certificate routines:X509_check_private_key:key values mismatch
    Jul 17 07:51:10 buntu openvpn[6526]: Error: private key password verification failed
    Jul 17 07:51:10 buntu openvpn[6526]: Exiting
    I have tried starting VPN both with the network manager and from the command line. From the network manager i get a popup message saying

VPN Connect Failure

Could not start the VPN connection 'Work' due to a connection error.

The VPN login failed because the VPN program could not connect to the VPN server.
    All of my certs and keys are read/writeable to the world until i figure this out. I've tried the hack fix for openssl-vulnkey and have been unable to find any help elsewhere on this. Here's my config file as well...i've replaced the domain with domain.com for security reasons

client
    tls-client
    port 1195
    ns-cert-type server
    remote domain.com
    dev tun
    ca /home/dan/vpn/cacert.pem
    cert /home/dan/vpn/Dan_Therrien.pem
    key /home/dan/vpn/Dan_Therrien.key
    tls-auth /home/dan/vpn/ta.key 1
    comp-lzo
    keepalive 10 60
    ping-timer-rem
    persist-key
    persist-tun
    user nobody
    group nobody
    daemon
    verb 3
    mute 10
    # tun-mtu 1500
    # fragment 1300
    # mssfix 1300
    If anybody is good at this kind of stuff, please let me know if you can help.
    Last edited by tehsilverdollar; July 17th, 2008 at 02:37 PM.